Chapter 6 - I Dare You

Joe's POV:
In the end, there was 8 of us who went to the park: me, Caspar, Byron, Mikey, Zoe, Tanya and her boyfriend, Jim and Dianne. The crowd wasn't as interesting as I was promised, but Mikey brought a few bottles of booze and with that, it was bound to be a laugh. We all walked there together and I hung back a bit, still trying to figure out what Caspar had planned. I felt awkward. I'm Joe Sugg - I'm never awkward. I always know what to say, how to act, what to do. Except, tonight, I felt different. Suddenly, Zoe hit my arm.
"Hey!"
"Shut up!" She pulled me aside. "What's up Joe? You're being weird, even Byron's more talkative than you!" I made sure the others were out of ear shot, until I replied.
"I reckon Caspar's going to try something to get Dianne back for this rumour."
"What do you mean? Like what?"
"I don't know. But he's definitely doing something... he wanted to be her partner in art. God knows what he's up to." I see panic cross Zoe's face, followed by confusion.
"Since when do you even care about Di? Thought you two didn't get on."
"We don't really. I just don't like my mates doing that sort of stuff. Gives me a bad rep." I smile convincingly.
"Huh. Always looking out for you, eh?"
"Jesus Zo, you're starting to sound like Soph!"
"What's the deal with you two? Di mentioned something about you breaking up with her."
"We broke up ages ago. I went to speak to her and she got the wrong idea, so I told her how it is." Zoe looked at me. She seemed suspicious of something, although I didn't know what. "The others are probably wondering where we've got to. Let's go."

Dianne's POV:
It was a terrible crowd. I knew Zoe and Tan well, but none of the others. I felt so awfully out of place yet again! I tried making small talk, but my conversation never seemed interesting enough. However, Caspar seemed like a different person - he kept smiling at me, and not in a sarcastic way. He actually seemed genuine.
We got to the park and it was only then I noticed that Zoe and Joe had broken away from the group. Everyone started to talk and drink and I felt totally lost, until I felt a hand on my back. Caspar.
"Hey." He said, handing me a can of cheap beer.
"Hi. Thanks... You know, you really don't have to be nice to me. I know you and all your friends hate me."
"Nah, we don't really Red." He smirked at me and went over to Joe, who had just joined us. He seemed off tonight, which was incredibly out of character. But then again, did anyone really know Joe that well? He was wearing a baseball jacket and the same v-neck from today. He grabbed a bottle of vodka and put his hood up - he was in a bad mood. I'd seen him like it before. When we were younger, he used to have the worst temper and he'd always scream and scream, until he got his own way. Seeing him now, he looked intimidating. Joe was no longer a loud 10 year old kid, he was a broody 17 year old who never said enough. We briefly made eye contact and I got up to go and perch on a swing, a bit closer to the other girls. Caspar seemed to follow and handed me another drink.
"You trying to get me drunk?" I said, looking up at him.
"Maybe..." he grinned, placing a hand on my shoulder. I noticed Joe's stony expression, but brushed it off and returned to listening to whatever Zoe was talking about.

Joe's POV:
I didn't really say much that evening. I didn't like what Caspar was up to. Our group was notorious for being the girls' latest gossip or crush, but we'd always agreed we'd never go out of our way to hurt anyone, let alone a girl. However, right now, Caspar seemed to be breaking that agreement. Dianne was getting more drunk by the minute and she was becoming a lot friendlier. Tan and Jim were laughing loudly with her, whilst Caspar had an arm around her.
"Right, think it's time for a little game of truth or dare!" He said, getting everyone's attention, as Mikey produced another pack of beers.
"Seriously? We're not exactly 12 anymore." I say, sounding actually quite adult-like. 
"Ugh, stop being a fun sponge, Joseph!" Dianne giggled. "Who's going first then?"
"Suppose I will then." I smirked at the group. It was on. "So, someone ask me. Truth or dare?"
"Truth or dare?" Byron asked.
"Truth." I said matter of factly.
"Last girl you kissed?" Jim grinned.
"Aw, that's an easy one." I took a swig of vodka. "Sophia in our year." Everyone made kissing noises and I smiled.
"Sooooo, I'm guessing you're back together?" Mikey said.
"Well you're limited to one truth, but no. We're just friends." I chirped, catching Dianne's eye.
"God, when was the last time I heard you say that?" Di murmured, knowing full well I last said that about a girl she was also friends with last year. Then she found us in bed together and they never spoke again. And I may have not called her back, either.
"Okay Di, I give you a dare." Mikey said, as the girl folded her arms - challenging him. "Kiss Caspar." Her mouth dropped open.
"Okay, this is stupid." I said, knowing what was about to happen.
"Why? Think I'm scared, Sugg?" Dianne scowled at me and leaned in to Caspar.
"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" He jumped up and exclaimed. "Get off me you freak!!"
"Seriously? You've been coming on to me all night!" She shouted back, we all dropped our heads in silence. This was not good.
"No I haven't! Look, you've had way too much to drink. I'll walk you home." He smiled, his eyes alight with excitement.
"Fuck you." Dianne spat, and with that, she walked out of the park.
We all looked at Caspar and turned our eyes to Mikey, who had started to play a video of the scene. He'd filmed the whole thing. Caspar laughed.
"Send it to the whole school."