Chapter 1 - Hey

(The beginning of this story is set 10 years ago, where Joe and Dianne are 7.)

Narrators POV:
Dianne Buswell had never travelled outside of Australia in all her life, but now she was leaving it forever. As the plane soared towards the sky, she panicked. Would London be the same? Would people like her? What about school? So many questions filled her head - why did her parents decide this was a good idea? They had told her that she'd settle in fine... Dianne highly doubted that.
Joe Sugg was great. He was always great. He had never had to worry a day in his life. Forever climbing trees and drawing everything imaginable - he was fearless. Until he was told the family was moving house. His parents told him it was a safer neighbourhood, with nicer people and a park just down the road. Why was this happening now?

Dianne's POV:
It was 5 am and we were travelling all the way to our new house. Everything was oddly silent. The night air was cold against my face as I exited the car and turned to look at the house. Is was bigger than our home in Oz, that's for sure. I hugged Bob Bear close, as Mum carried me in and sighed in relief.
"We're home Baby Buz!" She squealed quietly.
I smiled back weakly, drained from our flight and I felt my eyes close.

Joe's POV:
Moving day - ugh. Zoe was being so annoying! She kept going on about these people we were meeting, which I wasn't happy about. I didn't want a new house, let alone a new neighbour! We used to live next to my best friend Caspar and we played out alllllll the time. And now, I have some random new family who I don't even know. The day dragged on and Mum and Dad didn't stop arguing all day, even though me and Zo had stayed in the new games room, so we were out of the way. So much for us helping.

Dianne's POV:
I woke up around 2 in the afternoon and trudged around for a bit to get to know the house. Mum and Dad were taking boxes out of a van and laughing with two other adults, who seemed to be doing the same. I think they might Dad's friends from college, who he said we'd meet once were in London. I decided to get dressed and go outside - it was such a beautiful day! (Not as beautiful as the ones in Oz though, nothing will ever top that). Anyway, I pulled a pink summer dress out of a box and put it on, whilst twirling around my room. I suppose I was excited! I grabbed Bob Bear and made my way out of the house.
"Ahh, hi Baby!" Mum said, waving me over towards the rest of the adults. "There are a few people we'd like you to meet!"
"This is my Friend Gray and his wife Tracey. I went to college with them both! Say hello - they're our new neighbours!" Dad's eyes sparkled. I knew how much this move means to him, so I was trying my best to be well behaved.
"Hello!" I cried, a little more enthusiastic than I anticipated. "My name's Dianne! I like dancing and fairies and music and, oh, Bob Bear!" I beamed at the two adults.
"Hello Dianne! Your parents have told us so much about you and your brother. Gray, where's Joe and Zoe? They should come and say hello." Tracey smiled at me, as I notice my brother Andy walking towards us.

Joe's POV:
"Zoe! Joe! Come and meet the Buswell's! They're our new neighbours!"
Me and Zoe looked at each other. She smiled ecstatically, whilst I frowned and physically pulled myself to the stairs. Can you tell I didn't like one bit of my current situation? We walked outside to see two kids, the same age as us, with their parents who were deep in conversation with ours.
"Ah kids! This is Mark and Rina and their kids Dianne and Andrew. Zoe, Andrew will be in your year and Joe, Dianne in yours." My dad ruffled my hair, knowing I hated it. The new people looked alright. The boy, Andrew, looked like he didn't want to be there, the girl, Dianne, looked as if she was about to burst. This would be a long day.
"Why don't the kids go and play and you both can come inside for a drink?" Said Mark, his eyes smiling.
"That sounds like a great idea! Off you go! Zoe, you're in charge. Maybe you could go down to the park?" Mum said as I stared back at her.
They all started making their way inside, as Zoe  started to pull Dianne and Andrew towards the park. I strolled behind, not too invested in getting to know either of them.

A/N - hey dudes!! This is my first fanfic, so sorry if it's absolutely terrible!! I'll upload a few chapters now, to get the story going, but I'm always open to ideas and constructive criticism! X