Yellow Fever- Part 1

Start from the beginning

"That would be Sheriff Britton. He should still be in his office at his time."

"Great. Boys want to head there?" you asked, taking off your gloves. They wasted no time following your lead. On your way out, you made sure to get a squirt of hand sanitizer.

"You got spleen juice on your face," Sam smirked.

"So did you," you retorted, sticking your tongue out at him.

"Can we focus, please?" Dean asked as he walked to the car. The drive to the station didn't take long at all, and when you entered, you greeted the deputy on duty.

"Hi, can I help you?"

"Yes, we need to talk to Sheriff Britton. I'm Agent Whitford and these are my partners, Tyler and Perry," you flashed the young man a badge.

"If you could just wait, I'll let him know you're here," the deputy said.

"Thank you, Deputy Linus," you read his name tag. Giving him a smile, you took a seat by the desk, the brothers doing the same. Linus went back to work, doing whatever it is he was doing while the three of you waited. Clearing your throat, you looked at Linus who barely met your eyes.

"Hell's bells," the sheriff said as he opened his door to his office, "Linus, have you seen my.... Who are they?" At the mention of you and the Winchesters, you all stood.

"Federal Agents," the young man stuttered.

"And you kept them waiting?"

"You—you said not to disturb."

"Come on back, gentlemen, lady," the sheriff said, escorting you into his office. However, before you could enter, he stopped you. "Shoes off." Gently kicking off your heels, you stepped into the office and took the first seat closest to the door.

"Al Britton. Good to meet you," he smiled, shaking each of your hands.

"You too," you said with a polite smile. The sheriff took a seat, and as soon as he did, he took out alcohol gel and slathered some on his hands. After exchanging weird glances with the brothers, you cleared your throat.

"Okay, what can I do for Uncle Sam?"

"We're looking into the death of Frank O'Brien. We understand some of your men found his body," Sam started.

"They did. Me and Frank, we were friends. Hell, we were Gamecocks," he sighed. Dean snickered at the name but lost it once the sheriff gave him a stern look. "That's our softball team's name. They're majestic animals. I knew Frank since high school. To be honest, just this morning, I got up the strength to go see him. Frank was... He was a good man."

"Yeah, big heart," Dean commented.

"Before he died, did you notice Frank acting strange? Maybe scared of something?" you asked, crossing your left leg over your right one.

"Oh hell, yeah. Real jumpy."

"You know what scared him?"

"No. Wouldn't answer his phone. Finally, I sent some of my boys over to check on him, and well, you know the rest," he informed you, slathering some more alcohol gel onto his hands. Catching Dean's "what the fuck" look, you smirked but kept silent.

"So, why the Feds give a crap? You don't really think there's a case here?"

"No, no. It's probably nothing. Just a heart attack," Dean said.

"Do you have anything else to add, Sheriff Britton?" you asked.

"No, I'm afraid not."

"Then I guess we're done here. Thank you for your time," you smiled, getting up. Leading the way, you put your shoes back on after you left, Sam and Dean doing the same.