The Wedding- Part 3

Jay POV

I had to run. I had to get out of there. I was the flesh of a monster. I would be married at any time now. I would be locked away. I would be away from them.

I should have been able to save Cole. I should have been able to stop him from dying. I should have been the one to see this all happening. It was my fault after all.

I know that they don't want to admit it. I honestly think that they should just give up. There  is no point in trying to save me. There is only a point in saving Ninjago, no matter if they can get to me or not. I wish that they realized that before someone had to lose their life.

Cole was not just my best friend, he was my brother. He was someone that I could connect with. Someone that I could share my thoughts and feelings with without getting judged for it. Now, he is gone. Now, he is gone because of me.

I stood at the alter, ready to accept my fate. I was going to save Ninjago. I was going to make it up to my fallen brother. He didn't deserve what happened to him. If anything, it was me who deserved it.

Skylor POV

I got into my white dress and sighed. I knew that there was no saving me or Jay anymore. Jay was probably waiting out there right now. He is probably accepting his fate just like I am.

When I was younger, I thought that everything was sunshine and rainbows.

Flashback

"Mother." Skylor squealed with delight as she ran up to Angelica with open arms. Angelica laughed as she picked up Skylor and swung her around.

"There are my girls." Chen said as he walked up from the boats.

"Daddy!" Skylor screamed as she pulled Angelica along with her.

Chen and Angelica kissed as Skylor held onto both of them.

That one moment was when everything was perfect. That one moment was when the world stopped and smiled. However, like all moments, this one eventually ended.

Disaster struck only a year later.

Angelica had an unknown sickness in her veins. It was slowly killing her. The doctors came to and from the island until finally the last one. 

"Your wife isn't going to last much longer. The latest that she will make it through is the night. I would say your goodbyes now will you can." The doctor said with sadness.

Chen thanked the doctor for his service before going to find his daughter. 

"She isn't going to be here much longer, sweetheart. Lets go speak to her for the last time." Chen said with tears pooling down his face.

Skylor took Chens hand as the two slowly walked to her mother.

Angelica looked awful. Her face was covered in sweat and you could see her holding on to life with all of her strength.

"Come here, darling." Angelica said softly to Skylor, who was already sobbing.

Skylor rushed over to her mom and grasped to her hand.

"You are going to be ok, you know that right? I will always be watching you. I will always look out for you." She let out in big breaths.

"Don't change for anyone, okay. You are an amazing girl who is kind to everyone and is willing to change the world for the better. Can you do that for me?" Angelica asked as she looked up to her daughter.

Skylor nodded with a smile as tears continued to fall down.

"I am going to miss you so much, Mommy." Skylor whispered.

"It will never be a goodbye. It is just a see you later." Angelica smiled softly.

"I love you mommy." Skylor said.

"I.. I Lo- Love yo-you too." Angelica let out before her body fell limp. 

Angelica died that night at the age of 24.

Her father was never the same after that.

End Flashback

Now I know that is all a lie.

"Oh, Mother. If only you were here now." Skylor said as she walked to the door. Tears were glistening in her eyes.

The doors opened and the wedding march began to play.

The Wedding that everyone had been dreading had finally begun.