Chapter 9, Part 1: Something About Her

Start from the beginning

As far as the eye could see there were blondes, brunettes, red heads and even some girls with spunky hair colours which he found amusing to look at as the strobe lights hit it. The thing they all had in common according to him? They were all average, they all looked fake in some way, shape or form, their dresses were so far up their bums, they could be classed as underwear and the necklines of the dresses were so plunging, they looked lower than the height boys wear their trousers at – that was something. He didn’t mind as he got to see a lot of ‘items’ that the ladies had put on show by wearing these dresses, but none of them had class, nor did they behold such grace like Alice. This annoyed the hell out of him as he was trying to forget her and all these girls were hardly doing a good job at contending.

Sighing, he downed his pint and thought he might have a look through the crowds, hoping he might at least find one girl who was at least covering up some parts of her body. Trying to move through the crowds wasn’t too difficult; the mass of bodies moved to one beat in the same direction as they grinded, helping him move round them and know where to go – although his tactful plan didn’t last long as girls would break the chain of rhythm and fling themselves near him, trying to entice him with their bodies and their ability to grind on him as he tried to move away from them.

Soon he was at the back of the club near the booths just like the night before with Alice, only this time he wasn’t moving towards a booth where Sarah was situated, no, he was scanning the booths for any decent girls. As he scanned the booths, his eyes landed on a familiar girl with blonde hair and another girl that also looked a bit familiar with brown/black hair. He approached the table, getting into his ‘charming’ mode as the other girls who were seated with them did indeed look classy, yet still sexy.

“Hey ladies.” He said, getting all their attention – simple but effective. He then pulled his best smouldering look on all of them, pinpointing each of them with his gaze. His eyes landed on the familiar blonde and he couldn’t control his eyes from widening and his mouth dropping in shock. She didn’t recognise him at first but then she looked a little closer at him and her once happy face turned into a sneer of disgust.

“What are YOU doing here? Not stalking me now? After all you have been ignoring me – I’m meant to be your girlfriend!” She screeched. Jack flinched at her grating tone and finally realised why she looked so familiar – she was the brunette who Alice had used to get revenge on him; telling the girl that he wanted a relationship. She’s been texting and calling him non-stop. He hadn’t recognised her at first because when he had last seen her – on that dreadful morning – she’d had brown hair. She’s obviously dyed it blonde and it made her look quite cheap…not that he was going to tell her that, well unless he wanted a slap across the face.

Normally he would just expose his arrogant self to her, telling her to get over it and what not. But looking round at her booth, there were quite a few girls he wouldn’t mind getting to know a lot better and he could see the disgust etched on their faces at his behaviour; he had to pull this back to his side…and he knew exactly what to do. Alice was going to pay. He cackled evilly in his mind but realised that he had been stood there with the same shocked expression for quite a while…well this could work to his advantage too.

“Well?” The blonde demanded tapping her foot impatiently as she crossed her arms over her chest with an annoyed look on her face. If only she knew that crossing her arms resulted in giving him a little reminder of that night they’d had together. Yeah, he could see clean down her dress. He suddenly lunged at her, catching her by surprise as he wrapped his arms around her body in a tight hug. Then he snuggled his face into her neck. She still stood there, completely shocked and frozen; he was internally smirking at her behaviour but managed to keep it in. He released her and held her at arm’s length, looking at her as if he was admiring her or he couldn’t quite believe he was seeing her.