I couldn't

Acxa's POV:

I tapped into the paladins' comm's and disguised my signal to be undetectable.

I prepared the missiles to fire directly on the green one.

"I've got target lock!" she yelled.

"Pidge! Get out of there!" yelled the red paladin back which made me freeze. How did I know it was him? It could have been anybody.

"Pidge!" he yelled again.

I did something I've rarely ever done in my life. I hesitated to fire. I could take her down right now but the red one made me hesitate. Why?

"I'm trying! I'm trying! I can't shake them!"......"Oh no." she whispered.

"Pidge I told you to stay in that damned castle! You're risking your life! Our unborn child's life!" yelled the red one.

That's when I really froze up. Unborn child? Our?

"Acxa!" 

"Yes sir?" I muttered.

"What are you doing! Destroy her!" yelled Lotor.

"B-but s-sir.."

"Now!"

"I can't!" I finally spit out.

"You..what?!"

"I. Can't!"

"get back to the ship now! You've ruined our only chance!"

"Y-yes sir."

---------------------------------------

3rd person POV:

"Wait." said Pidge. "She.....flew off. Back to her ship...?"

"She's gone?" asked Keith.

"Yeah. She could've hit me, but she didn't."

"They're retreating! Everyone back to the castle!" said Shiro.

---------------------------------------

3rd POV:

"Acxa!" yelled Lotor.

"Sir, I'm sorry! Please you-"

"That was our only chance we had! You could've destroyed them!"

"Please, sir listen to me!"

"An excuse have you?" he said furiously.

"I tapped into their comm system. I heard their conversation. The green one was pregnant sir, and with the red paladins child I believe. He was yelling about how she's putting both their lives on the line..." her voice trailed off.

Lotor was quiet for a brief second. "Pregnant, eh? Thank you Acxa. You may take your leave now." he smiled and walked off.

Acxa was anxious now. She strangely felt like she needed to protect them from Lotor.

What had she done now?

"I have to tell them." she thought. She understood why she must protect them. Maternity instincts. Even if it wasn't her child. It's how she felt over her dead child. She felt the same those two feel now. Protecting your child no matter what.

Sorry another short chapter! I'll try to make that when I have time! Big twist at the end? Huh, I didn't even know where it was going at first but I guess it's this now. Thanks for reading! <3