Part 8

"Ah, that was an obvious one. You've been all over him these past few weeks. You made a good choice, though. He's a really nice guy. He'd treat you right."
"How do you know that?" You ask, picking yourself up from his lap.
"He's my partner in Geometry. He's like, really anxious, but I've noticed that when he's around you, he really cools down. It's sweet. You can tell he's in his comfort zone."
"Aww, really?"
Michael smiles a genuine smile.
"No."
"WHAT?"
He laughs.
"Kidding, kidding. I'm just messing with you. Of course he is. Who wouldn't be? So, how are you gonna ask him out?"
You hear the door swing open and Jeremy enters.
"Oh, are we talking about N/N's crush on Evan? Cool. Go on." He sits with you guys, leaning in.
"What? You knew?" You ask, shocked.
He looks at you if you were stupid. "Literally, it was the most obvious thing in the world."
You raise your eyebrows as if to say, "really".
"What should I do?" You question. "I just, really like him, and I don't wanna like, scare him off."
"Just ask him out nicely. I'm sure he'll say yes." Michael responds.
You nod your head, full of resolve.
Ding!
You check your phone to find a text from-
"Speak of the devil," Jeremy laughs, seeing your phone. "Your boyfriend is texting."
"What's it say?" Michael asks, because he's a polite boi and doesn't nose into your business.

Evan: Hey Y/N. Just texting to say I won't be at school for the next week. My aunt- who I've never met in my life- just died, so I need to go to her funeral.
Evan: I don't really know why I'm telling you this but I thought you'd just like to know. Idk. In case you wanted to do something together this week.
Evan: Anyways I'm leaving in an hour so I'll see you next week

"He's leaving for the week. I guess I won't get to ask him out for a while." You state, gloomily.
Your vision goes dark as your jacket is tossed over your face. You stand up, removing it, just as Michael and Jeremy team up to shove you out the door.
"Go then! You clearly like him, why wait?" Michael says.
"Go get some good dick for us." Jeremy adds.
They shut the door in your face.
You roll your eyes, but start running away from the house, into the snowy wonderland.

(Go to Part 10)