Fill Ya In

I slowly blink open my eyes and my eyes slowly adjust to the harsh bright light above me. I go to sit up but am stopped by a hand gently pushing me back down. I look at the person and see Officer Corn standing above my bed.

"Officer Corn? What are you doing here?"

"I was called here to discuss somethings."

"Who called you?" He looks up and to the end of the room to the left of me.

I look over and what I see shocks me. Joven laying in a hospital bed passed out. He's still in his regular clothes, so nothing too bad happened. I go to sit up again, but wince in pain and lay back down. Officer Corn adjusts the bed in a sitting position.

"Why is he here? What's wrong with him?" I can hear the fear in my own voice.

"He's the one that called me here. Him, Ms. Takahashi, and Mr. Haas arrived here to discuss somethings with me and ended up in an argument that caused Mr. Ovenshire to pass out from stress, dehydration, and exhaustion. He was also having a panic attack before he passed out, which didn't help his case."

"Wes!" The two of us look at the door and see Damien and Mari standing there.

"Hey, guys."

Mari pulls over a chair and sits down, grasping my hand in hers.

"I'm so glad you're ok."

"So am I. But, I have many questions."

"Shoot," Damien responds.

"Why did you guys call Officer Corn?"

"We wanted to discuss the guy who attacked you."

"Ok. Who did you guys get in an argument with?"

They look at each other, then back at me. "We ended up fighting with Flitz and Sohinki."

"Why?"

"They blamed Joven for you being in the hospital. It got to the point where Joven was blaming himself for it. He passed out because he was so drained."

My eyes widen as I look down. Flitz and Sohinki? I mean, I knew they didn't get along with Joven the best out of the rest of us, but I didn't think they'd go as far as blaming him for the stabbing.

"There's more." I look back up at them. "They also blamed him for you self-harm and depression."

I lean forward and widen my eyes again. "What the hell! He's my fucking boyfriend. Out of everything, he'd make it better, not cause it. It's not like he's abusive or anything." I lean back in the bed. Then I remember something and shoot back up but wince in pain from all the movement.

"Lilly! How is she?"

"She's fine. She's ok. Lasercorn's been looking after her."

I sigh in relief and lean back against the bed once more. "Can I see her?"

Mari stands up. "Yeah. I'll get Lasercorn to bring her in." Her and Officer Corn leave the room.

I close my eyes and rest my hands on my face. "Why? Why would they blame him? They know how fragile he can be."

"I don't know. They wanted someone to blame and they chose Joven. They've been able to hide their hate for him pretty well, but Joven could tell."

"What could I tell?" Damien and I look over to the other side of the room where Joven is waking up. He looks around and sees Damien and me; he shoots up.

"Wes! Are you ok?" I smile at him.

"I'm fine. You don't need to worry. Are you ok, though? Damien and Mari told me about what happened back home."

His face immediately falls. He looks sad and scared. "I-I'm fine. There's no need to worry."

I don't believe him. I move to get up by swinging my legs over the edge, but Damien grabs my legs and throws them back onto the bed.

"You are not getting up no matter how much you want to." I groan and lean back against the bed. I look over as I hear Joven chuckle. "What are you laughing at? You can't get up, either."

"No, but I'm not the injured one, babe."

I stick my tongue out at him.

"Look who wanted to join in on the party."

We all look at the door and see Mari, Officer Corn, Boze, Lasercorn, and Lily. As soon as Lily sees me, she starts reaching out.

"Dada!"

Lasercorn walks over and hands her to me. Lily balls the hospital gown I'm wearing in her tiny little hand.

"Hi, baby. Did you miss me?

"She most certainly did. She wouldn't stop saying "Dada"," Lasercorn replies.

I smile and lean down, kissing the top of her head. She gently lays her head against my chest.

A nurse now walks in the room. "Am I interrupting something?"

"No, no. You're fine," Officer Corn answers for us.

"Ok. I'm going to remove Mr. Ovenshire's IV, then tell the doctor that you're awake." We all nod. The nurse walks over to Joven removes the IV. She grabs the saline bag off the hook and walks out.

As soon as she leaves, Joven gets out of bed and walks over to the bed. He kneels down on the ground beside me and gently rubs his hand along Lily's head, causing her to slowly fall asleep.

"Do you want to hold her?"

His eyes widen for a second, but I can see the love in his eyes. He nods his head. I slowly hand her over and Lasercorn shows him how to cradle her.

Lily wakes up but stays silent. She reaches her hand up towards Joven's face and I smile. Joven hovers his hand over her and she grips his finger.

"Papa?"

I can just see Joven's heart melt.

"Yeah, hi, sweetheart." He leans down and gives her a kiss on the head.

When he looks up, we look at each other and have a silent conversation, something we've grown accustomed to through the year and a half we've been dating.

"Have you guys made a decision?" Officer Corn asks.

With one more look, I look at Officer Corn and nod.

He smiles and leaves the room, leaving everyone else in confusion.

"Everyone, meet the-"

"Hopefully," Joven interjects.

I stick my tongue out at him, and he does the same thing back. "Everyone," I start again, "meet, hopefully, the newest member of the Ovenshire-Johnson family."

Mari and Damien's eyes widen in shock while Lasercorn just smiles.

"Wait, does that mean..?" Mari starts.

Joven smiles and nods his head.

"We're adopting her!" Joven and I say together.