Calm After The Storm

Start from the beginning

"Woah." Boruto muttered as he stared at his breakfast in surprised. He never expected that the pancake would emitted this powerful aroma that would really make any person's stomach instantly demand for food.

"Well, they really make good pancakes here and by just looking at it, you're already hungry for more." Himawari simply smiled. She sat down on her seat and helped prepare the food.

"Well, I am pretty much starving dattebassa." Boruto commented as he was pretty much excited to devour his breakfast and as he was about to do so, his little sister suddenly interrupted him.

"Ahem." Himawari gave her big brother a look as she would like to remind him that He was forgetting something.

Boruto stared at his little sister with a confused look. His mind was processing and clearing out the confusion. A few moments later, He finally realized what the lavender haired teen mean't.

"Oh, sorry about that Hima." Boruto gave the latter an apologetic smile while scratching his ead.

Himawari sighed. This was actually her big brother's usual thing every meal. He would often forget to thanked Kami for the food even way back when their still kids. On the other hand, the blonde placed the spoon and fork back on the plate. He then gave his little sister a nod and smile signalling her that he was ready to pray for the food.

Himawari smiled back as the siblings took some of the moments to give thanks for their food. It was really an important thing to do before meals, at least for the latter. It was actually her mom who told her about giving thanks before eating their meals back home.

As they finished giving thanks for the food, they were finally allowed to eat their breakfast. Boruto, who was finally released, began to eat his breakfast with pure enjoyment. The pancakes tasted phenomenal for him.

"This is really great!" Boruto commented. He would really like to know the the recipe for this pancake.

Himawari could only smile as she observed her older blonde. She was glad to have him as a big brother. Even though, He acted a little bit immature sometimes, She considered him as one of the best there is out there. He still had the same old personality back when they were still kids but this version was more calmed and reserved.

"Nii-chan?" Himawari called her big brother again.

Boruto, who was busy munching his pancake then looked up to face his little sister. "Yeah, What is it Hima-chan?" He asked as there was food still on his mouth.

"What do you think life so far here in the past?" Himawari asked. She wanted to know her big brother's perspective and thoughts about their new life here so far.

Boruto gave his little sister a smile." Well, So far things had been really great! " He commented. He would go on to explain that things were very much educational for him so far. There were a lot of new things about here that he'd learned so far.

Himawari nodded in understanding. She could also say the same thing. She had been also doing her own research about life in the past. She described life here as very much simple and not complicated compared back home, where technology was just everywhere. In here, the social aspect of life here was much more on the side of face to face communication.

"Well, It really just bugs me on how will the people in this era react in our Era." Boruto commented. He wondered on how will people such as his young dad and others will react to the technology that the future posssesed. From computers, gaming devices, and advance transportation, the reaction would be pretty much priceless.