This doc, really sounds like my mother.

"Yes Ma'am" I say to her jokingly.

Should I tell him? Will he be ashamed of his babies? What if they all come out chubby?

"So how did the doctor's appointment go?" As I walk in my apartment.

"Oh dear Lord, Charlotte how did you get in?" Startled.

"I got myself a copy of your keys". With a isn't it obvious look

" Good, we're having triplets, yay. Less number of times I get to get pregnant". I respond sarcastically.

" Congratulations girl, can I say, Aphrodite or should I say Freyr has blessed you with fertility ". She says with a huge grin.

" That isn't funny".

"It is but on a serious note girl, I'm happy for you. I know you've always wanted kids maybe its not happening like you wanted but its something. So are you gonna tell him". She asks.

" Well, I have to. The stupid contract wants an heir and I guess after I'll be free to divorce him and then we figure out co parenting and maybe I can think about finding a man who will want me after I get stretch marks and more cellulite and...." And I'm snapped out of my thoughts by Charlotte when she snaps her fingers at me and says,

"Hey Girl, snap out of it".

I decide to text Eric.

Me: Hey, I need to talk you. Its quite urgent. Can you please come by my place after work?

After a minute, I hear my phone buzz.

Eric: Yeah sure, want me to bring anything?

I smile at the thought.

Me: Yeah, Pineapples from the African market.

Eric's POV

When I saw her text, I got excited. I miss her and I wanted to see her but I didn't know how to start plus I honestly still feel embarrassed especially after the last conversation we had. I call Dom and tell him to go buy pineapples from the African market, I still don't get why she specifically wanted Pineapples from Africa but it's the least I can do.

I knock at her door after work, I honestly left work earlier than I normally do cause of the excitement of seeing her. She opens the door and she has no make up on, in pyjamas trousers and a tank top holding cheese puffs. She gestures me to come in and sit, taking the pineapples from me as she walks to the kitchen. I follow her to the kitchen and watch her chop the pineapples.

We hadn't said a word, so I decide to say something, " So why Pineapples from the African market? "

She looks up at me and responds, " I bet you've never tried African Pineapples, they are way sweeter and juicer. After you try them, trust me you will understand ".

The way she spoke about the pineapples, was like she was talking about the love of her life with a smile.

When she was done chopping, she handed me a bowl with pieces of pineapple and a fork and one bowl for herself. She wasn't lying about them Pineapples, I know understand why she spoke of them they way she did.

"Eric".

" Yes"
She hand me a small envelope.

"What's this?" I ask, my heart beating fast hoping she isn't handing me divorce papers and I open the envelope slowly, seeing what looks like a sonogram picture. I look up at her and she has her hands over her mouth.

I then see her name at the bottom of the picture.

"Alaine, what's this?"

" Oh my God, Eric for a smart person you are really slow. I'm pregnant ". While she stares at me waiting to see my reaction.

I didn't know how to react, I was still taking in the information she just gave me and she adds, " with triplets".

How does anyone react to such information with a woman you know you adore but she hates you? I stood up walked to her and gave her the biggest hug I could give anyone.

"I'm sorry Alaine" as a tear rolled down my cheek not from sadness but joy.

For a minute she stood still, I guess surprised. I don't know what she was expecting and then she wrapped her hands around my back.

I stepped back a little just to give me enough room to look at her beautiful face, touched her chin, raised her face to look into her deep brown eyes. My eyes met hers and I couldn't resist her plump lips. I lowered my lips to meet hers and they were warm, and the sweet scent and taste of pineapple. I was home.

"Move in back Alaine" I whisper in between the kisses but she doesn't say anything.

"Please" I plead.

I break the kiss, "I wanna be there for you and the babies, please Alaine I know I'm an ass-" she cuts me off as I was still trying to convince her.

"Yes, for the babies ". As she pulls further from my hold.

" Thank you".

What do you think? Triplets yaaaayy