xvii

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
<<十七>>

08/06/2090
1.12 a.m.

 ❝ z e r o ❞

for hours she has been carrying the bodies to District Two. it was the furthest, most unreachable District from I.C.E. Headquarters. 

when they finally reach their destination, she drops the bodies with a sigh of relief. hell, they were heavy

luckily, their bones survived the drop. Five slumps on the rock, exhausted. he was now attached to the computer, so immediately the cover is flipped open  as it touches his lap. Zero sits down, reaching for her staff. (a/n: i'll attach a picture of it at the bottom. also wand = staff so don't get confused) she gives it a shake, muttering some words in a foreign language. a blade shoots out from the other end, a shining, lethal dagger. without hesitation, the dagger she uses to slice right through her skin. her instinctive hiss of pain attracts Five's attention.

he gapes at her, mouth open in horror.

"Zero! why!" he cried out (a/n: random, but y'all see the lele pons vine ref?), and she gives him an impassive face. she sucks in breath, holding it, before digging her fingers through the wound. she gropes around her flesh until she pulls out a little canister, which was dripping with blood with bits of white stuff (flesh?!) dotting it. it was metal, with a little blue thing in the middle. it was hurting to hell, but she hoped her face didn't show it. the dagger retracts when she flips the wand around, muttering a spell to recover her arm. those were just some of the perks as the Magician. soon, her arm showed no sign of having a gaping wound just seconds before, but for a scar and the blood still around it.

she glances at Five from the corner of her eyes, whose face seems shocked. even with his IQ of 148, he was still processing all that has happened. a clear sign of how much he did not practice, or else the gore would not be affecting him. "tracker," she says simply, tossing the canister aside, as she points her wand at it, and recites a spell. it dissipates into smoke.

"now..." she turns her steel eyes to Five.

"reach out your arm."

"o- oh- hell no, Zero!" he yelps, hugging his hand close to his chest. "come on!" she half-whines, her hand demanding for his like a child demanding for candy. "you're going to cut my arm! no way in hell am i going to-" he yells. "do you want to get tracked down?

"but it's painful!"
"hold your breath!"
"it's still painful!"
"well, too bad!"
"no!"
"yes!"
"no!"
"yes!"
"yes!"
"yes!
"
"that was supposed to work!"
"it didn't! now, your arm, please."
"i'm going to die!"

zero yells in frustration. without bothering to wait for him to comply, she reaches forward and grabs his arm, pulling it out from the safety of his chest and straightening it. "nowaiti'mnotready-" screeches Five, but she does not hear, nor care. she slams the dagger from her wand, straight through his arm. he hisses in pain, but that also subsides, because she had coated it with anesthetic. "see? it wouldn't be that pain," she says matter-of-factly, smirking at the man who is gritting his teeth. he just rolls his eyes at her while she eagerly digs through his flesh, plunging her fingers in and out locating the tracker. he hisses now and then, especially when she pulls the tracker out.

as she heals it as washes her hand of blood, he bares his teeth at her. "you could have waited, you know!" he whisper-yells at her, though that was unnecessary. she shrugs and moves to the next person.

(a/n: wand/staff = (the middle one)(pretend that the end is elongated to be a staff)