ii

CHAPTER TWO
<<   二   >>

23 / 05 / 2090
11:12 a.m.

❝ z e r o ❞

"ROSES are red, violets are blue. medicines aren't cheap, please cure Zero's 'flu."

her hand grips her wand-staff, tapping her nose with the head. immediately the blockage that once resided in her nose is cleared, and any trace of sniffling has disappeared. it really helped that she was the Magician, because she had a wide range of powers she could select from, instead of having one fixed ability like the Mages - hoseok and seokjin.

she is also the one to have seen Alpha face-to-face before. 

well, not exactly, because he was wearing a mask that covered his face, but she got close enough as anyone but the Beta would get. Operations like her stood no chance. 

not that she wanted to meet him - he was not the nicest of all people. 

"slacking, now, are we, Zero?" 

her head turns swiftly, the corner of her eyes meeting the gaze of Six. she snorts. it was typical of him - come in with a dramatic entrance and fire an insult.  "you do not even train yourself, Six. you haven't any right to doubt me," she retorts, focusing on shield in front of her. fighting with herself was ideal because she was immune to her own spells, whereas if she sparred with someone else, that someone else could find himself a cactus the next minute. 

he chuckles, the sound raspy and rough at its edges. "you're no fun," he says, pouting. 

she ignores his little comment and continues mumbling spells as she kicks and jabs and punches. 

it was not that she hated his company... sometimes, he just got a little bit too overboard with his barbs. plus, he would so love to stick random spikes of black ice in her face. 

as she rolls her eyes at him, her the latter smirks at her, the pink of his gums standing out. even as it may be, the Phantom still manages to make it seem dangerous. she grumbles something incoherent under her breath, whilst she continue to train.

her name was Zero, and then again, that might not be a name. she had been told that names identify a being, and hers was Zero. how would Zero identify her - Zero was the name of the first successful Operation. not her. The Magician was but a title to describe what she could do, which was a lot. 

oh, she knew the other Operations' history. One, Two and Three had been best friends, the notorious trio of death. they went around using women and killing them. Four had been proved clinically, mentally unstable. Five was the quiet, calculative hacker that fried ICE's database from the very core. Six was a shadow that stole an object from ICE's headquarters, and Seven had been like Four. 

but what was her history? but for Alpha, no one would never know. 

she does a sweeping cut across the air, and with that she ends her dance of death, too unmotivated to continue. 

Six just watches her, his head tilted to a side. watching, watching.

she leaves the Phantom to himself.