thirty two

two months later

—-

"you don't understand how proud your mother would be, lou," harry murmured as he stroked the boy's hair. "you're graduating high school today, you got accepted into a trade school, we're getting our own place, everything is looking up for us, baby."

louis turns in his arms and rests his chin on harry's chest. "you really think she's proud?"

"i know she is," harry says. "and so am i. so is liam, zayn and your father. we're all so proud of you for making it this far."

louis smiled softly and kissed harry's chin. "i love you."

"i love you more," his boyfriend promises before leaning down and kissing his lips. louis was able to complete all of his schoolwork in march, meaning he had officially finished school two months early. he gets his diploma today. in the auditorium of his high school, in front of thousands of parents and family members, his senior class will bid their goodbyes to education and step forward to bigger and better things. he was relieved. he wasn't nervous, he wasn't sad, he was relieved. high school did nothing to him except help him find love. other than that, that school can kiss his ass and burn to the ground.

"your dad called and left a voicemail when you were in the shower," harry squeezes his waist. "he said he will meet us at the school around six so that he can get a good seat to take pictures. he also said he loves you and that he is so so so proud of you."

louis and his father still had a rocky relationship but bennett was now four months sober. he hasn't had a drop of alcohol since they sent him to rehab. he opened his eyes and realized that he fucked up and he wanted to make things better. louis gave him a second chance. he had too big of a heart, just like his mother, to cut him out of his life for good but he did tell bennett that if he were to go back down that road that he wouldn't see another light of day. and bennett didn't blame him one bit.

harry finished styling louis' hair for him, occasionally telling him how handsome he was and that he was lucky to call him his. it made louis blush every time and punch his chest while telling him to shut up so they can get ready.

ever since that night that harry confessed his full love to louis and promised him forever, the two had been stuck hip to hip. anywhere harry went, louis tagged along. of course they had to be discreet about it but it included many road trips out of town to go to aquariums, visit harry's parents and officially become introduced and part of the styles family. harry's father loved louis and even said he was his favorite boyfriend that harry had. even though he only dated two other people, louis was still number one in robin's book. just by the way harry looked at him with such love in his eyes and in his voice, harry's parents knew their son was in love and could never get out of it.

"do you want the black tie?" harry asks, holding up some ties from beside him on the dresser. "or the blue?"

"you pick it," louis says softly. "i picked my outfit, you pick my tie."

harry nods and grabs the blue tie, fixing louis' shirt to where he can wrap it around his neck and knot it. "my handsome boy," he coos. "the prettiest of them all."

"i'm gonna kill you one of these days," louis jokes. harry snorts and takes his face in his hands to kiss his forehead.

"i know, and i don't mind it. it would be a blessing to have the infamous louis tomlinson murder me."

louis barked out a laugh and wrapped his limbs around harry like a koala. "you're so stupid."

"you love it," the green eyed man cheeses and louis plants a kiss on his mouth.