twenty three (***)

read the a/n at the end.

trigger warning(s): mentions of rape, drug use, alcohol use, etc.

---

louis shakily zipped up his jacket and stuffed his hands in his pockets. today was the court date and he was dreading walking in the room to an uneasy feeling and doubt. uneasy because he didn't want to see the guy ever again and doubt because men never get raped, it rarely happens and when it does nobody believes it.

maybe he was asking for it.

he got laid, why be mad?

it made him sick. he didn't understand. people were hypocritical and he remembered some of the glances he recieved at school from the other students. his attacker was popular and louis was a nobody. they wouldn't believe him.

liam tapped louis on the shoulder and caught his attention. "ganna go warm the car up real quick."

louis nodded and followed him down the stairs. zayn was sitting on the couch with his earbuds in his ears. he looked tired. it was early in the morning though, so he kind of understood. he sat beside the boy and gently laid his head on his shoulder. zayn gave his knee a reassuring pat and took one of his earbuds out so say hi to his friend.

"did you take your medicine?"

louis nodded. "liam brought them to me first thing so that i wouldn't forget."

zayn nods and ruffles his hair. "see? we got you, bubbas."

louis smiled softly and liam came back inside, tugging his hoodie closer around him.

"'s colder than jack frost's balls out there," he shivered and rushed to snuggle up against liam. louis squeaked and cooed, crawling to lay on top of him to surround him with warmth as well but zayn was acting like he was dying with the two boys literally dog piling on him.

"we loves you, li-li," louis crowed and smooched loud kisses on his cheeks. liam couldn't help but giggle because one, he was super ticklish and two, louis was absolutely adorable.

"you obviously don't love me because my ribs are about to snap," zayn groaned breathlessly, causing louis to snort and get up. liam shifted to where he could cuddle against his side and apologized softly, blushing when the apology was accepted with a gentle kiss.

"you two are gross," louis waved his hand in front of his face. "icky love birds."

"mhm, hypocrite," zayn wrapped his arms around his boyfriend and nuzzled his cheek against his hair. "i bet you and your lover boy are so lovey-dovey."

"uh," louis stammered and felt his cheeks fire up. "no?"

"stop lying," liam chuckled. "mr. styles is so head over heels for you."

mr. styles kept running through louis' mind. he used to be carefree and not mind that he was in a monogamous relationship with his english teacher but now that he thinks about it, what if something goes wrong now that liam and zayn know?

shit, he trusts them. they only hang out with eachother, what the hell could go wrong? they're louis' brothers and brothers stick together. why is he overthinking?

"bub," zayn snapped his fingers. "we lost ya for a minute, you okay?"

"erm, yeah," louis bit his lip and stuffed his hands in his pockets. "are you guys almost ready?"

---

harry called louis while they were on their way to the courthouse to tell him he hoped everything went okay and he was more than welcome to come over if he wanted to. louis smiled softly at that and accepted the offer, thanking him. although zayn was picking on him the whole time making kissy noises and crowing about harry being louis' "lover boy," louis managed to keep their conversation going without getting distracted.