Chapter 1: A Night Of Horror

The Universe is a rather large and nearly infinite in size, yet some of the greatest of heroes have come from the smallest regions. some hiding in plain site. others yet to come out of hiding. according to legends of the past the birth of the universe was set in motion by a mysterious man in a long black coat. Since then the universe has been rather quiet and unsuspecting, with the modern world making strides for a better future.
One company known as Nanocorp led by Leon Joseph James. One of the smartest men on the planet, so smart in fact he in secret is leading in a industry war, looking to become the first to make impressive advances in Nanotech, a dream that other companies continue to strive for, but with no success. Little did Leon know that others would kill for his work and would find out the hard way when one night him and his family would be attacked in their home just outside the city they lived, In the state of Washington in the United States, Nearly fifteen miles from the pacific ocean.
A little boy was sitting on a soft mesh sectional couch, watching TV with his mom, the boy was six years old, with blue eyes and black hair, and he loved his parents more than anything.
The little boy's father came up the stairs, talking on his cellphone to one of his colleagues at his business, he had just came from his workshop.
The little boy had never been in the workshop before and was curious to know what was down there, and so he stood up and walked over to the stairs which was about twenty feet away from the couch.
When the boy reached the beginning of the stairs, he looked down to see a steel door, that was slightly cracked open.
'Honey, I wouldn't go down there...dad might not want you down there' the mother called out
'I just want to see real quick' the boy told his mom
The boy slowly walked down the stairs inching his way there until finally meeting the door, he opened it to see a black and silver motorcycle with red rims, the boy walked up towards the motorcycle and put his hands on getting a feel of it'.
'Oh hey buddy' the father spoke out entering the room
'Oh...um i'm sorry dad I was ju-' the boy tried to explain but was interrupted
'Whoa...whoa Nathan its OK...hey its OK' the father responded
The boy looked at his father for a minute, pondering what he was going to say next
'Its nice aint it?' The father asked
'Huh what!' The boy asked confused
The father laughed 'its nice aint it, the bike' he said. 'It was a gift from my father before he passed he knew I liked bikes, and one day ill pass it down to you, when your old enough of course, come now lets go back upstairs and finish watching that movie with your mom, what do you say' the father calmly said.
The father and the boy went back upstairs, closing the door behind them.
Later that night at around twelve am in the morning, the father, the boy and his mom were all cuddled up, and passed out on the black mesh couch.
From out of nowhere a gun had fired, the bullets came flying through the window, one of the bullets had hit the mom in the chest. The sound of the bullets had woke the father in an instant.
'SERENA!' the father shouted as he immediately picked her up, blood was dripping from the bullet wound.
The father looked over to his son a panicked look rolled over his face 'come on son, hurry downstairs to the workshop and open the door and wait for me, as soon as me and your mom are down their close the door and lock it' he explained to his son
The boy ran down the stairs to the steel door and opened it quickly and waited for his father, as he was told, the father reached the stairs with the boys mother in his arms but stopped for a moment.
Pain stricken in his face, 'Dad, come on' the boy called out
The father made his way down the stairs slowly, until both he and his wife were down, the boy closed the door and locked it, when the boy turned around he fell in shock, his face turning pale as snow, his father had three bullet wounds in in his back, the blood inching down his back. but he fought with all the might he had to stay up, setting his wife and the boys mother on one of the tables in the center of the room.
The father fell to his knees, still holding his wife, slowly he put his hand down on her chest, only to see that she was gone.
'Serena' the father cried out as he to started to fall to the ground. Tears running down his face
The boy got up and walked over to where his mom and dad layed and sat by his father. 'Nathan you need to get out of here' the father said, sadness filling his voice 'but before you go i want you to take something'
His father stood up struggling to stay upright and walked over to a wall, leaning on to it leaving behind a blood stained trail on the wall over to a safe installed in the wall, put a six digit code in and pulled out a vile that had some kind of liquid inside of it.
'Don't let them get it Son' he said as he dropped down and opened a door for his son to escape from.
A loud thud came hurdling through the air as someone started beating on the door.
In a instant second, Nathan's upper body flew up out of bed, a single solidary tear ran down the entirety of his face.
Nathan looked over to the little nightstand on the left side of the king size mattress he slept in where a picture of him as a child , his father, and his mother smiling in a photo booth. Its the only picture he has of his parents. He is 22 years old now and raised in a foster family as a kid till now working in a minimum wage job. With many stories revoling around him and that night.