Chapter 5: Infused

Riding back to town, cruising on the black and red motorcycle. With a heart full of anxiety.
Nathan wanted to find out what was going on with him and hoping to know what caused it, and he wanted to know now.
    Flooring the throttle down, he sped up to 95 miles per hour. Where he came over a slope to witness the city skyline.

...

   Upon reaching the city, Nathan slowed down too the speed limit set by the city.
Headed to the hospital, he turned on to the street that led directly to it. Driving by all the houses and seeing all the family's living happily.
   A gut wrenching feeling consumed his heart, and Nathan had lost control and fell off the motorcycle and violently hit the pavement and skid along the road being thrown like a ragdoll.
   Many heard the accident and ran out to the street to check on him. A man and his wife ran up to him checking for a pulse but had received little to no pulse.
   'Call 911, he's still alive' he called out to her. The mans wife ran back into the house and grabbed her phone.
   Turning the screen on she dialed 911 and was greeted by '911 what is your emergency?'
   'There's been an accident on Rosemary Street and 4th street, there's a man, he was thrown from his motorcycle and is barely alive, he needs help'
    'Paramedics will be right there, just sit tight their on the way'

...

   The paramedics and police had reached the sight of the accident, with the street blocked off by barricades, where Nathan was lying still on the ground temporarily lifeless. The police began questioning witnesses and trying to piece together what had happened.
   The paramedics began strapping Nathan down on to a gurney, and loaded him into the back of the ambulance.
   The ambulance took route towards the hospital. Speeding through the streets, its lights flickering back and forth from blue to red.
   The ambulance once arriving at the hospital immediately got Nathan out of the back, rushing him inside and escorting him to an operating room.
   The doctors had cut his shirt open and attempted to use defibrillator but once they charged them up, and lowered them on to his chest and pulled the trigger the machine blew up.
   'Alright we need a new defibrillator Pronto' a woman called out.
    Before anyone could react and do as they were told, a pulsating wave of black substance erupted around Nathan like a forcefield of some kind.
    All the cuts and bruises were healing right in front of them all.
    'Everybody out now...!!' Another doctor said as they ran out of the room.
    Meanwhile at the junkyard where Nathan's motorcycle went after the crash. The damaged bike began to rebuild itself by replicating its parts, whatever had been inside Nathans very being  had infused itself inside is the bike. giving the bike a sort of sentience to do what it had to
    Once it was fully rebuilt it drove itself out of the junkyard and had sensed its owners location and set course for the hospital.
    Driving through the city with no signs of slowing down, the bike stopped right at the hospital and zeroed in on Nathan's location, once it found its location. The bike drive forward on one wheel, it came in contact with the wall and began driving up the wall. Everyone that had seen the bike drive up the wall, were in shock and thought they were losing their minds.
    Many pulled out their phones, 'oh my God' a woman spoke holding her hands over her mouth, many others were gasping and couldn't believe what they were witnessing.
   The bike reached the storey that Nathan was being held and broke through the window parking near the wall by Nathan.
    Police and firemen had arrived on scene and surrounded the building when it was reported by an innocent bystander on the outside.
    Officers had stormed the building, and when coming upon the floor the bike went to they saw the doctors on the outside hiding behind walls and chairs. Panick was real, they had never seen this before and didn't know what to do.
    Guns ready the officers braced for a confrontation, and were ready to fire.
But a voice spoke inside Nathan's head 'time to wake up' the voice said.
   Nathan's eyes opened quickly and he burst forward out of the bed, running to the bike, the shield around him still in tact. And got back on the bike and immediately throttled towards the window and launched towards the street.
   Many people dodged out of the way, and the bike had changed its state and wrapped around Nathan in the form of armor.
   Nathan punched the ground landing on one knee, he looked at both hands a mixture of terror and excitement causing them to tremble.
   'What is this' he said as he noticed a gray mechanical aura of tiny particles that had left his body and began taking shape in front of him, then back into the motorcycle, Nathan got on gripping the handles tight, and took off into the large city