Paul #3

This was written for the lovely _vintage_dream_ hope you enjoy x

T I M E  A P A R T
&
A  B R O K E N  H E A R T

She hadn't wanted to go. If it wasn't for the rest of them being her best friends she would never have shown up to one of their concerts.

Her heart still ached from the argument her and Paul had, she didn't even know if she had the courage to show up.

Waiting in line for the entrance she nervously clutched her ticket, a small little thing simply stating her seat and row number, and of course the performers:

"The Beatles ! One night only at the Apollo Theatre!"

Her and Paul had hit a rough patch, they hardly ever argued yet recently this had changed, both seemed to become agitated with one another until last week one of them couldn't take it anymore.

That was Paul, he was furious at her for coming late from a friend's house, of course she had argued that she didn't need to have his permission to see people. That made Paul angry, his anger made her angry. So she left.

She hadn't seen him since. The image of the beautiful man storming out of the door in a rage of fury stronger than a thousand storms, was still prominent in her mind.

As the line dwindled in front of her, she soon realised that she had reached the guard, handing the ticket to be punched she took a shaky breath and walked into the venue.

The heat of the many people in the small room hit her like a wave as she got through the doors, she was regretting this even more by the second.

Time seemed to warp and suddenly everyone was screaming, the atmosphere was very claustrophobic, she did not want to be here.

They were onstage, cracking jokes and playing songs but all she could see was Paul. How he didn't grin after one of John's remarks, how he put little energy into his head tilts.

He seemed, sad. She couldn't help but feel guilty, knowing this was probably all her. Her stomached flipped as she heard the first few notes of guitar.

He started singing their song. Yesterday. She recalls the long evenings of him singing that to her as she fell asleep in his arms.

That's when his voice faltered, she looked up at him, his face was sheen with sweat, but she could see him crying. Guilt flooded her consciousness, she knew what her heart wanted.

After the fans swarmed out of the small hall, some giddy and happily discussing the event with other fans, others crying that the show was now over. She went to the back.

The lack of security surprised her, she said she was a relative and was let through. Walking down the hall to his dressing room, her heart beat harder in her chest, she felt her test tighten as she knocked on the door.

Watery, droopy, hazel eyes greeted her. First those eyes widened, then returned to the saddened state they were in throughout the show.

"Y-You're here." His voice cracked and trailed off.

She felt her eyes prick with salty tears, nodding her head softly, "Yeah, I'm here."

She opened her mouth to apologise, but was interrupted with an unexpected hug. His arms held her tight, she was everything to him.

"I'm so sorry, I was stupid, so stupid god." His voice was muffled, his head nestled in her shoulder.

"I'm sorry too, I shouldn't have stormed out like that." She cried, holding him tighter.

He lifts his head, red eyes now glimmering with hope. A half smile appears as he moves his thumb to wipe away her tears.

"I love you, more than anything." He said softly, this was the first time he'd said it.

"I love you too Paul, more than anything." She sniffed but smiled, laughter seeming to bubble up inside her.

Both laughed and held each other closer than they ever had before.

***

Hey ! Hope you enjoyed this, also I'm sorry if my writing style changes like every single time I publish, it changes as I learn !

Also thanks for 9k guys that's insane!
Peace and Love xx