Ringo #4

S T A R L I G H T S
&
L O N G N I G H T S
(Part Two)

Quick A/N:
Okay so... it's 2021 and it's been 2 years since I posted. I lost the password to this account and I couldn't recover it and I was devastated! But alas! I found my old phone, recovered my password and here I am! I hope I can still write the way I used to or in a way you guys enjoy! Part two of this story was highly requested so. Here it is! Thanks for all the support!🥺

***

"No wonder you've never gotten a girl"

Perhaps it was to prove a point to her, or perhaps to prove to himself that he could find a girl. He didn't know.

Not only had he found someone he thought could replace the empty void y/n left behind, he actually believed it would work.
That somehow, some way, he'd get over her...

Six months later and Ringo sat alone on his chair, looking outside at the dreary London weather with a scrapbook on his lap.

A scrapbook of him and her.

The grainy sepia memories laid out before told him of a life he no longer had, a life with her in it.

He couldn't take the silence, George had not spoken of her in band practise and it was as if she had been wiped off the earth.

The days of missing her turned to weeks until that turned to months.

He couldn't do it anymore.
He was going to do something about it.

***

Y/N had had a tough life living alone in London and therefore found solace in a flat mate that was able to tolerate her weekly crying sessions and loud vinyl player.

But there hadn't been a single day that went by that she didn't think of Ringo. She missed him. Terribly. But she knew to keep her distance.

She met up at random cafés around London with George, her now closest friend. But they never uttered a word of Ringo unless it was referencing to the band as a whole.

It was now Tuesday, a boring day in the middle of September, and she had to go to work, which displeased her greatly.

The cold morning air turned into the drowsy and humid afternoon and after sitting at her desk for 8 excruciating hours, the evening had consumed London's town with rain.

A lot of rain.

Grabbing her coat, which was not nearly thick enough to keep her warm in the rain, she took the stairs to the entrance of the building.

And right outside, in the pouring rain.

Was him.

His brown hair drenched and his clothes soaked through, he looked anxiously at the entrance, as if waiting for something.

And then he saw her.

She quickly placed her coat on and met him outside, he immediately wrapped her in his arms and for the first time since she left him, she felt like she was home.

She knew right then, that her love for him had never really gone. It never left and here it was blossoming before them.

"What are you doing here?" Was something she might've asked, or perhaps a bolder "I've missed you" but instead any words were cut short with Ringo placing his hands either side of her face and kissing her with the passion and sorrow of many words unsaid.

It seemed then, that time had stopped, the rain was no longer a concern and there they were, together. A love that once seemed hopeless, was thriving.

After they let go, Ringo smiled and then looked down at the wet pavement and laughed.

Looking back up at y/n, it was easy to see his love for her in his bright blue eyes and instead of some important words or any sort of apology. Ringo said,

"You don't know how long I've wanted to do that"

And y/n laughed, because she wouldn't have had it any other way.

"It took you long enough"

And as both of them laughed in the rain, it seemed that perhaps there was still warmth left in their hearts for each other, that would only flourish in time.

***

The end! I am so happy to be back and I hope some of you still read this haha... sorry it's been so long, but here I am, much older than I was before. But still in love with the beatles ! Haha

Peace and Love x

K.L xxx