woof , woof

tw: ptsd, flashbacks of attacks

Bella Swan was not irresponsible.

Okay, maybe she was. But not when it came to her sister.

Or so Charlie thought.

Anyways, Charlie left Lorainne home with Bella one Saturday morning because he got called in for an emergency. It didn't cross his mind that they would leave the house, since, you know, Bella hardly leaves her room even to use the toilet. He thinks it's been a couple days (at least a week) since she's even showered.

He didn't expect his eldest daughter to drag his youngest into the forest. And then leave Lorainne alone when the 12 year old tripped over a tree root. But Bella did.

By the time Lorainne got up, she couldn't find her sister anywhere. She walked around yelling Bella's name for about 10 minutes before she gave up and started walking back in the direction she thought was home. The temperature started dropping drastically, causing Lorainne to wrap her arms around herself and shiver excessively. Her mind started shutting down, preventing her from thinking about the last time she was in a situation like this - only, her sister hadn't abandoned her that time, her biological mother had. But then she hears a branch break, and she spins around and freezes, seeing a horse sized grey and black wolf staring at her. Lorainne's eyes roll into the back of her head, falling back onto the ground, her back roaring in the pain it had experienced 4 years ago, jagged lines from the base of her beck to her tailbone burning.

"Sam! Sam, oh my god!" Embry said, bursting into Sam's home carrying Lorainne in his arms bridal style. Paul immediately jumped off the couch, shoving Jared off as well as Embry laid Lorainne down on the couch. Kim jumped from her spot on the chair by the window, gasping and feeling the girls forehead. Kim went to the kitchen to go make Lorainne a glass of water for when she woke up. Sam came bounding down the stairs, freezing when he saw his imprint on his couch, breathing heavily and slow. Paul immediately left the room to call Charlie. Sam sped over to his imprint, kneeling down beside her.

"What the hell happened?" Sam said, forcing himself to be as calm as his possibly could even though his wolf was howling and growling so loud he could barely hear himself think.

"I don't really know! I was on patrol and I smelt her, so I followed her sent and I found her in the woods. I stepped on a fallen branch and she flung herself around and then passed out!" Embry rushed out. All of a sudden Lorainne started thrashing on the couch, throwing her arms about and crying. Then she started to scream.

"No! No! Mommy! Mommy!" She screamed while sobbing, tripping over her words in her unconscious state. Nothing the shapeshifters did helped, Lorainne flinching from their touches and crying, eyes still closed and now curled up in a fetal position lying down. They heard a car speed into the driveway of Sam's house, car door opening before the person even turned the car off. They heard Charlie run up the stairs, flying the door open. He kneels down next to his daughter, Sam standing up and hyperventilating. Charlie calmly and gently coaxes his daughter to wake up, holding her upper arms tightly when she jerks awake with a yell. Lorainne's eyes are darting everywhere before they finally land on her father. Lorainne is shaking on the couch, voice cracking with every word she lets out.

"I saw a wolf," She stutters out, eyes big and round, watering as she stares at her father. Charlie pulls her onto his lap, carefully rubbing her back with his right hand while the left held his daughter's head to his chest. Charlie looks up at Sam accusingly, and Sam immediately points to Embry, the older wolf not wanting Charlie to hate him. The younger wolf gasps, shaking his head. After 5 minutes of the pack staring at Charlie and Lorainne, Charlie stands up with Lorainne in his arms and tells Sam he will be right back.

The pack waits.

After dropping Lorainne off at Billy's house and staying there for an hour, since he knows Billy knows how to take care of Lorainne when she has these episodes, and promising Lorainne they will go out and buy all the ice cream they can fit in a shopping cart and eat it all tonight when he comes back for her, he goes back to Sam's. He walks into the house and sees Sam, Paul, Jared, Kim and Embry all sitting in the living room, Jared's arm around Kim and the rest with their hands rubbing together nervously. They all look up when they see Charlie, waiting for him to start. He goes and sits in the chair by the window and sighs, rubbing his left hand down his face.

"Lorainne was attacked by an animal when she was 8," Charlie said, looking at the boys.

"Her mother-" Charlie stopped himself, backtracking.

"Lorainne has panic attacks. The accident - not much as an accident more as her mother is a piece of shit - " Charlie grumbled the last part, forgetting that everyone in the room had supernatural hearing. "Lorainne isn't very stable. Not just because of that - there are other things that have happened to her - that are because of her idiotic mother - that have created - well - that are reasons her mental state is the way it is - and reasons why she can't do certain things or be around certain things. Just - I don't know how to explain it. My daughter is fragile - because of her idiotic abusive - now in prison - biological mother. I - need to go back to her." Charlie said, getting up without waiting for a reply and rushing out of the house, getting into his police cruiser and going back to Billy's.

The pack looked at each other.

Sam burst out of the house and into wolf form, running. The boys let him be.

(please vote, leave feedback, and follow me on wattpad :))

(unedited)

(march 12, 2019)

(this was a fucking rollercoaster)

(i wrote this in 20 minutes i was very inspired)

(by what i have no idea)

(kinda ended weird because ------ idfk)