new girl

Lorainne is used to being the center of Sam's attention at all times. It is very, very rare that Sam ever looks at anyone else but her when she's with him. 

But today, when she went over to Sam's house to bake cookies with Jared, his eyes were trained on another girl. 

Lorainne didn't like that Sam didn't say hi to her. It was like he didn't even notice she was there. It literally took her dropping the pan of cookies on the table (literally dropping) for him to startle and look up to see his imprint. 

"Oh, Lori," Sam said with surprise. "I didn't know you came over."

"Yeah," she said angrily. "Jared and I had made plans to bake cookies for everyone. We told you that."

Sams eyes immediately scrunched up, noticing the anger in her tone. "Lori..."

"No, whatever, it's fine." She rolled her eyes before plastering a fake smile on her face, holding her hand out to the new girl. 

"My name is Lorainne Swan." 

"Hi honey," the new girl smiled, taking Lorainne's hand softly in hers. "My name is Leah. I'm a new pack member."

Lorainne pulled her hand back, face turning blank. "Cool, yeah. Didn't know girls could be werewolves."

"Lori, we aren't were - " Sam sighed, but Lorainne cut him off.

"Whatever, shifters. And don't call me Lori." She turned and walked back to Jared, not noticing Sam's face fall. He went to go stand, excusing himself from Leah and the table as he went to the backyard where Lorainne and Jared disappeared to. He got to the porch, seeing Jared in his wolf form curled around Lorainne, who was picking the mushrooms out of his yard. 

"Lori - Lorainne," Sam said softly, kneeling down by her. "What's going on?"

"You - you always see me," she whined, throwing a mushroom at his chest. It bounced off, and she watched it fall to his side. "You always say hi to me, you always talk to me. But you ignored me. You talked to her instead."

"I'm sorry, Lori," Sam said, putting her face in his hands and wiping the tears from her face. "She's new, so is her brother. I needed to make sure they were both comfortable. I really didn't know you were here until you brought the cookies, I'm sorry."

Lorainne sniffled, pushing his hands away from her with a huff. 

"Leah's really pretty," she mumbles, making wolf Jared shake with laughter and Sam smile at her. 

"Yeah, she is."

"Do you like her?"

"Of course I do - "

"No," Lorainne cut him off again, eyes rolling. "Do you like like her."

Sam sat on his butt, face clearing. "Oh. I don't know her that well, Lori. But, I think so yeah."

"Good," Lorainne says, nodding her head fast and smiling big. "You need to date someone, you're getting old. I can't be the only woman in your life forever dude."

when i first started writing this i had made the decision to eventually have lorainne and sam end up together but i have since decided 3 years later that this is disgusting so they will not

timeline for this story is a little fcked since i took a 3 year break and forgot what i was doing but all the kiddos have shifted and the pack is whole now (:

i don't really think i'm going to follow the books to a T but i'm definitely keeping a lot of stuff in

apologies for the shorter chapters, but i find it easier to update when i get ideas in my head so the chapters probably wont be as long as they used to be