12 !

Embry Call shifted the day before Lorainne's 12th birthday, the day before her birthday party that was being held at Sam's house. Paul has already been introduced to the chief of Forks police, and if Charlie may say, he didn't have a very good feeling about the boy being around his daughter. But, if Sam trusted him, Charlie supposed that he would, too. For now. Since Lorainne had already known Embry, Quil Ateara and Jacob Black since she was born as she was always over at the Black house and seeing them was inevitable as the three were never far from each other, Lorainne and Embry did not have any sort of problem with each other once he had shifted and Sam introduced her to him. Really the only problem was that Sam wouldn't let her jump Embry and tackle him to the ground like she always did, fearful that he would freak out and accidentally shift on her and harm her. But when Sam turned away Lorainne tackled Embry anyways. Even though Sam told her not to. 

So, they're all at Sam's house for this party. And 'all' means everyone that Lorainne could list off the top if her head. Which was all her classmates, Billy and Jacob, Quil, Harry and Sue Clearwater and their children Seth and Leah, and more. Instead of waiting like her father told her to, Lorainne opened her gifts as the people she invited walked through the doors, being an impatient newly turned 12 year old. Lorainne's sister, Bella, was sitting in one of Sam's chairs, staring at the TV but not actually watching what was on it. Everyone had given up a while ago on trying to talk to her, since she would barely mutter two words to anyone. And, like always, Lorainne got her way since Sam really can't say no to her in certain situations, and they are listening to music from Lorainne's ipod. Right now This Love by Maroon 5 is playing throughout the house. 

"Daddy, look at the toy Paul got me!" Lorainne said, running up to her father with the biggest grin on her face and holding the most revolting toy rabbit Charlie has ever seen. (if you've watched ant-man its the same toy scott gives cassie

"Isn't it the best!" Charlie gives a shakey laugh to his daughter, looking up to find Paul and sees him watching Lorainne and laughing. Paul feels the chief's eyes on him, looking up and waving to him. Charlie shakes his head. Charlie notices Paul wearing a princess crown, and figures that Lorainne was able to force him to wear the crown because it was her birthday. 

"Yeah, Anna, it's great." Lorainne shakes her head, knowing her father is lying. 

"You just don't appreciate art!" She said, running back to Paul and jumping on his lap, giving Paul the toy so he can show her again how to make it talk. Sam comes over to sit by the chief, his plate overflowing with hamburgers. Charlie can count at least 6 before Sam takes his attention away from his stack of food. 

"Thank you for letting us have the party here," Sam says before he literally shoves a whole hamburger in his mouth. Charlie doesn't think Sam chewed it, just swallowed it right when it went in. 

"Yeah, Anna wouldn't stop pestering me about it. She really likes it here," Charlie stated, looking to his daughter. 

"I'm glad she has you." Sam looked over to the chief, putting a pause on shoving hamburgers down his throat. Charlie gave him a glance. 

"You know, like, I'm glad it was you that did that thing, the wolf thing. It's better it was you than Paul over there," He says, looking at the man he is talking about. 

"Not that there's anything wrong with him, since it seems like Anna has taken a real liking to him and he seems to have done the same, but he's always so angry. I don't - Anna doesn't need that in her life." Sam nodded his head, understanding what he was talking about. Before he could say anything, they heard Lorainne scream, and both shot up in their seats even though they could tell it was a scream of joy. They see her holding a box with a T.M.X. Elmo in it, and both roll their eyes. 

"Daddy! Jacob got me an Elmo toy!" Charlie nods his head, throwing up a thumb to her and going back to his hot dog. 

It's about 7PM and everyone has left Sam's house, the birthday party finally over. Paul, Sam, Jared, Charlie and Bella were downstairs cleaning up the mess that was created from the party, and Embry and Lorainne were MIA. The last time Lorainne and Embry were spotted was when Embry stated he needed to go to the bathroom, and Lorainne said she wanted to go take a nap in the guest room. That was almost an hour ago that Embry had said this.

Walking up the stairs as quietly as he could Charlie walked to the guest room and heard two people talking very quietly. Confused, he put his ear to the door. 

"Okay, we just need to get the rest of this off and-" Charlie threw the door open. Embry and Lorainne stopped, turning their heads towards the intruder. Charlie saw the Elmo toy that Jacob had given Lorainne in the middle of the two on the bed. It's skin was almost completely off. Charlie left the room. 

(unedited)

(february 3, 2019)

(sam and leah were never together in this fic)