princess sam

It's  been a week without Lori

It's  been a week without Lori. Sam brain is shaking in his head at top  speed. With The Cullen's leaving, Bella going missing and then Sam  finding her again, and having to deal with newly phased Paul Lahote, he  has been busy. But he needs to see Lori. He's going to go crazy.

You already have, boss, Jared  says in his mind link, and Sam growls at him telepathically. He makes  up his mind and drives himself straight to Charlie's, going to get him  to let Lori come over again. She has Friday's off apparently, so he is  going to take full advantage of it.

He  pulls up to the Swan's household, tripping over himself trying to get  out of the car quickly and up to the door. He stops to compose himself,  then rings the doorbell.

"Daddy I got it!" He hears the sound of Lori's voice and immediately is calmed down.

"No!  Anna-" The door is flung open and Lori is staring up at him with a mean  face, her dad running up behind her. Once she sees it's Sam her face  bursts into a great big smile, taking two steps and jumping, and Sam  grabs her easily. She wraps her arms around his neck, hugging him.

"I've missed you!" And his wolf is singing. Lori's missed him!

"Missed you too, Lori." He gently puts her down, looking to Charlie.

"Hi, Charlie." Charlie nods to him.

"Were you here to take Lori for the day?" At this, Lori screams in delight.

"Oh, please! Please please please! I wanna go to Sam's house!" Sam smiled down at Lori, ruffling her hair.

"Only if that's okay with you, chief." Charlie nods, turning into the house.

"Yeah,  was wondering when you'd show up. C'mon, sit inside while I go upstairs  and grab her stuff." They go inside as he said, Lori pulling Sam to the  living room to show him the drawings she made in school that week.  After about 5 minutes, Charlie comes downstairs with a backpack and puts  it on Lorainne's back. He gives he a swift kiss on the cheek and a nod  to Sam, and they leave to Sam's house.

"Hey  Sam? Can I play music from my ipod?" He nods, handing her the aux cord  without taking his eyes off the road. He hears a little fumbling, then Fergalicious is blasting through his truck.

Two hours after they have arrived at Sam's house, Sam and Lori have: baked muffins ('We need a thousand muffins because Jared's gonna eat 300!' ), baked a cake (since Lori was adamant that is was Jared's birthday) (it was not), ate four boxes of pizza (Lori ate a whole cheese pizza by herself ),  Jared came in and was forced to have a tea party with the two, and  Jared got Lorainne to get Sam to let her practice putting make-up on  him. Jared brought some of Kim's old make-up, and promised Lorainne she  would meet Kim soon. Sam currently was in the bathroom attempting to get  all the make-up off that Lorainne put on him. He was having a very hard  time.

Downstairs Jared and Lorainne were watching The Office while Jared was trying to convince Lorainne to eat a spoonful of wasabi.

"Jared, no! I know what that is, I'm not dumb."

"C'mon,  little bird! It's not that bad, here," and he shoved it into his own  mouth, swallowing it as soon as it was in his mouth. His eyes started to  tear up.

"See?"  He choked, making Lorainne laugh. They heard the screen door open and  shut, and Paul walked in. Jared stood up quickly, trying to block  Lorainne from view, but she managed to squeeze between the small gap  between his two legs. But! Jared grabbed her, picking her up and  throwing her over his shoulder causing her to squeal. She pushed herself  up to where she could see this new stranger in Sam's house.

"Who're you?" She asked, narrowing her eyes at the man. She hit Jared's head and he let her down.

"Who're you?"  the new stranger asked, looking at her. Jared pulled her back to his  chest, subtly telling Paul to shut the hell up and be nice to this girl  or-

"Paul,"  they heard Sam say, and they all turned to look at him at the bottom of  the stairs. He has a towel in his hand. Lorainne giggled, pulling  herself out of Jared's grasp. She ran to Sam and jumped, Sam catching  her easily.

"You still have eyeliner on!" She said, pointing to his left eye. He rolled his eyes, ruffling her hair. Sam looked to Paul.

"Paul, this is Lorainne, Lorainne Swan,"  He stressed the Swan part, and Paul's eyes slightly widened. "Lori,  this is Paul, a new friend of mine." Lorainne wiggled out of Sam's arms  and walked up to Paul, dodging Jared's attempt to grab her. She walked  straight up to Paul, grabbing a chair and putting it in front of him so  she could stand on it. She was still two heads shorter.

"My daddy's a police  officer, so if you're mean to me I'll tell him to arrest you," She said  with a firm voice, arms crossed in front of her chest and a glare set on  Paul's face. Paul rolled his eyes.

"Okay, squirt, whatever you say."

"I think it'll take a couple days, but we'll get Paul to like you, little bird,"  Jared whispered in Lorainne's ear, knowing fully well that the other  two wolves could hear him clearly. She looked at him, also whispering.

"You really think so? "

"Yeah, all you gotta  do the next time you come back is give him, like, 500 muffins, and maybe  save him some pizza next time. That's how you do it."Paul snorted, but made it look like he made that noise at the TV when Lorainne looked at him.

"Okay, next time maybe he'll let me paint his toenails like you did today," Jared choked on his spit, looking at Paul who was shaking with silent laughter.

"Okay," Jared said aloud. "Isn't it time for you to go home?" Lorainne pouted.

"I don't want to! I wanna stay here!" Sam sighed, looking at Jared.

"Lori, do you want to go exploring?" Lori nodded, jumping up from the couch and almost falling into the coffee table.

"Yea! Let's go in the woods!" Sam got up with her, going to the door with her to put on their shoes. He looked to Jared.

"Jared, don't you have to go to work?" Jared nodded, jumping up.

"Yeah man, see you guys  later." Jared ran out the door, but stopped to slap his hands on both of  Lorainne's cheeks and giving her a big kiss on the forehead. Sam looked  to Paul.

"Don't eat all my food." The 16 year old nodded.

"Okay, Lori, c'mon."

"Don't  ever come out here without me, Paul or Jared. It's dangerous," Sam  said, looking down at Lorainne. She looked down at the ground.

"I  don't think Paul likes me very much," she said quietly. Sam stopped,  kneeling down in front of Lorainne. She looked into his eyes.

"Lori,"  Sam started. "Don't ever think that. Paul is just - he's just having a  hard time right now. And he isn't used to being around younger people.  Just give him some time, he'll come around." Lorainne nodded, smiling at  Sam. Sam stood up.

"Okay,  well there's a pond just a little further up with really pretty  flowers. Butterflies and little rabbits." He stood up, sticking his hand  out for Lorainne's.