in this life.

Halloween - Lorainne's favorite holiday. She's dressed up in an Iron Man costume, walking down the streets with Seth next to her, going door to door with the boy and getting as much candy as they could fit in their pillow cases. (pillow cases are best for maximum candy gathering)

The wolf and the human spend three hours of the night walking around the town and collecting candy, stopping every so often to go through their bags and trade candies with each other. It's simple, normal

Lorainne loves being around Seth. 

They get to the start of her street, and they know it's time to say goodnight. Seth fidgets, not knowing what else to do.  

Lorainne rolls her eyes, growling out a jesus christ before grabbing Seth by the arms, pulling him forward and slamming her lips onto his. 

She knows she expected fireworks, a parade in her mind, as all the movies said would happen. But it doesn't. 

Kissing Seth felt like she was finally home. 

After a minute, Lorainne and Seth pulled away from each other, gasping for air and smiles taking over their face. Lorainne laughs, pulling Seth in again to kiss him quickly. 

"I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?" She offers, turning around to walk the short distance back to the Swan residence. 

"Of - Oh, y-y-yeah! Totally!" Seth calls out, and Lorainne turns back to see him hop in the air before changing into his wolf form, rushing off. She smiles, then turns back to walk home. 

A flash of red flies in front of Lorainne, making her stop in her tracks. She whips herself around, trying to find where it came from - where it went. When she doesn't see anything, she shrugs, continuing to walk down the street and back to her house. 

This time, with the flash of red in her vision, Lorainne is knocked down on her butt. She cries out softly, gasping as the red is now in her vision, standing in front of her. She looks up to see the smirk of a red eyed woman glaring down at her. 

"I thought about turning you," the red head's voice sang out into the night, a dangerous melody leaving her lips. "But you smell so delicious, I'm not going to stop myself." 

Lorainne is drug up by her elbows, and before she can even blink, the red head drains Lorainne dry.

Halloween. 

Her favorite holiday.

Lorainne's date of birth. 

And Lorainne's final day on earth. 

author's note.

this isn't how i wanted to leave lorainne. lorainne deserves a better ending, and you can imagine one for yourself. 

there were three endings i wanted to use, one where she dies at the final battle between the volturi and cullens in breaking dawn, one where she lived happily ever after with Seth, and one where victoria actually turned lorainne into a vampire, using her in her army to kill edward and bella and she dies by the volturi - so no bree, lorainne in her place. 

i know i said that there were going to be at least 10 more chapters to this story, but lately i haven't been motivated at all to finish this story. it's been three years since i started it, and i took a long break in between for personal reasons. but lately, it doesn't seem like there is any need to finish this, as it doesn't seem like anyone reads it. and that makes me not want to add more to it. 

i'm sorry for this ending, i know it isn't what anyone would have wanted.

Goodbye, Lorainne Swan. You will be missed.