Tonya hesitated before walking up the steps. I noticed how big my baby had gotten since I had been away from her. She looked so healthy, and the smile on her face told me that she was glad to see me. I never wanted to be away from her that long.

Tonya walked down the stairs holding a bag with all of Ella's things. She handed it over to me. I rolled my eyes at her and headed to the door.

"Wait!" Tonya grabbed my arm to stop me from walking, "I'm so sorry. After daddy died, and mama went to jail I had nobody. Thomas left me when he found out about daddy."

"That doesn't excuse the fact that you had a rapist in your home, and you probably knew about him abducting Ella. Why would you do that to me, Tee? I trusted you with my life, and Ella's life." I cried.

"I fucked up, I know this, Ki, please forgive me. Please don't take Ella away from me."

I sighed with frustration. I knew how much Ella meant to Tonya, but I felt betrayed with my sister. How could the person that was their to protect me from our horrible parents do this to me? Thinking about how Ella must have felt in that closet made my heart ache.

"Kiara, please!" Tonya fell to the floor crying. She grabbed me by my leg, and just wouldn't let go. "You know I can't have children, and my husband has left me. Please, please!"

"Let me go, Tonya!" I yelled trying to kick her lightly.

"Not until you tell me that you won't take Ella out of my life."

I had never seen Tonya like that, and it broke my heart. Here I was calling our relationship quits due to Tonya keeping Ella out of Eric's life for so long, and now I was having second thoughts about it. I never thought about how Tonya may be feeling, and the fact that she wasn't able to conceive children. Ella was the closest child she would ever have. I never really wanted children, but Ella had changed me in so many ways

"Just let me go. I'll talk to you later on. Eric wants to see his child." I calmly said.

Tonya finally stood to her feet. "Could I hug her?"

I handed Ella over to Tonya, watching her closely. Tonya hugged and cried over Ella for so long. I finally pulled Ella away, and walked out the front door. Ella held me around my neck, like she was afraid to let me go. I placed her in her car seat in the backseat, and got into the passenger seat.

"How did it go?" Eric asked me as soon as I got back I to the car.

"I kind of feel bad for her, Eric. Is that normal?" I asked him with tears in my eyes.

Eric pulled away from the curb, "yeah, your human babe. Tonya loves Ella just as much as everyone in her life. Don't knock Tonya for what she has done, she probably feeling empty right now. She doesn't have kids, and what the hood is saying, her husband  left her. Maybe she needs someone to keep her mind off of shit."

Eric made perfect sense. Maybe I would just listen to Eric, and help my sister find her own peace.

Zana

"Where is he?" Mrs. Damewood asked while  pushing past me in the doorway. I stumbled back a few steps, and finally followed her throughout the house.

"He's not here, and you need to leave!" I yelled at her.

Mrs. Damewood turned to face me. Her nostrils snarled. She was indeed angry, as she smacked me across my face. "You stupid pathetic little bitch!"

I held my face for a second trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with this woman. I snapped, lunging toward her with my fist, punching her to the floor. "Don't you ever put your hands on me! I don't give a fuck who your son is!"

Mrs. Damewood went for her purse, and pulled out a gun. She pointed the gun at me, and stood to her feet. "You think you have my son by the balls, huh miss thing?"

I raised my hands, walking backwards toward the front hallway. "I don't know what you're talking about?"

"Oh really?" She smirked at me. "Chris has taken money from the family's account, and I know your black ass has something to do with it."

I shook my head no. "I don't know what you're talking about, please put the gun down."

"You would like that wouldn't you Tarzana?"

I could hear Chris walking through the door. And I screamed for help. Mrs. Damweeod pushed me toward the wall, and placed her hand over my mouth, and the other one had the gun pressed against my head.

"Tarzana!" I heard Chris call out.

I had tears running down my face. I hoped like hell this wasn't going to be the end of me.

"Say anything and I promise I'll blow your brains out." She whispered in my ear. I knew she would do it. I could really see the evil in her eyes. Crazy people like her did crazy things, and I didn't want to be a victim of hers.

"Baby, I have some good news. I quit the dealership, and I'm starting my own business." Chris said. I could hear his footsteps coming closer. "Zana!"

Chris appeared in the doorway. He noticed right away that his mother had me pinned against the wall with a gun to my head. "Ma, what the fuck are you doing?"

"How could you do this to the family Chris?" She cried, her grip on the gun became tighter. I couldn't speak, I was to afraid that the gun would go off.

"Ma, put the gun down!"

Mrs. Damewood shook her head no. Chris walked slowly toward us. Mrs. Damewood aimed the gun at Chris. "Don't come any closer son."

"Ma, this is between you and me, let my wife go!"

"Oh you would like that wouldn't you! She's the cause of all of this!"

Chris lunged toward his mother wrestling the gun from her hands, but she had a good  grip on the gun. I slid to the floor, afraid that in the middle of those two wrestling the gun would go off. I screamed and closed my eyes.

The two were knocking things over, and they both fell to the floor. Neither one would let go of the gun.

I stood up and ran toward the two of them to try breaking them apart, but the gun went off, and it stopped me in my tracks....damn, I should have stayed on the floor away from her. I dropped to the ground and my life flashed before my eyes. I couldn't breathe.

"Zee!" I heard Chris yell, but I just couldn't respond.