Ch 39

Chris

The bar was calling my name for hours, and I happily went. I was drinking my sorrows away when my dad slid down on the stool next to me. He ordered him a white whiskey.

"You worried about your brother too?" Pop asked me.

"What the fuck is he thinking?" I asked downing my drink.

Pop patted me on the back, "I don't know, but he went against the doctors wishes, and left the hospital. Maybe he's trying to figure things out on his own."

I was in disbelief, my brother and I had always been so close, and he never mentioned anything about loving a man. The thing is, I didn't really care about that, why did it have to be Zana's brother, and why couldn't he stay his ass in the hospital?

"Just be there for him, he'll need it." Pop offered. We drank another round, and I headed home. When I arrived home, Zana was sitting on the porch, texting away in some yoga pants and a sports bra. She looked up as soon as I stepped out of the car.

"What's up?" I asked her walking passed her and into the house. Zana followed me inside and set down on the staircase.

"Could we talk?" She asked me looking sad and pathetic.

"Did you break it off with old boy?"

Zana looked at her hands, "no."

"Then we don't have shit else to talk about." I went to the kitchen, and there she was on my heels.

"Do you really think it's that easy Chris?! You stopped messing with me remember? Did you think I would be single forever?" She was yelling her point to me. But I wasn't trying to hear nothing she said.

"When we started talking again, that should have been your que to stop fucking with him." I pushed her out of my way.

"Chris just stop!"

I turned right around and got in her face. "Until you can fully commit to me, I don't won't shit to do with you."

Zana looked as if she wanted to cry. She stared into my eyes like she was reading my soul. "Fine, I'm out!" She pushed passed me and headed for the door.

I shook my head knowing that I was in the same boat as I was months ago when she was still with Rick. I didn't want to be that dude anymore, I wanted her all to myself. I poured me a shot of tequila and watched the rain pour down from my bay window.

*****
Zana

He doesn't love me anymore? I can't take this shit. I weaved in and out of traffic, hitting my steering wheel as the thought of Chris not wanting me broke my heart and soul. I kept playing our conversation over and over. And even though I wanted him, I couldn't have my heart broken again.

"Fuck! Fuck!" I hit the steering wheel once more, tears flooding my eyes. Cars honked their horns at me but I didn't care. The rain was coming down harder, I needed to get home away from everything that reminded me of Chris.

My phone rang in the passenger side, and when I picked it up and looked back at the road, my car swereved and a tanker truck was right in front of me! I hit the breaks hard and ended up hydroplaning into it.

All I could remember is the fire on the hood, and I was strapped in and stuck. Glass cutting my skin. I couldn't move, and the fire was getting close to me...I couldn't feel my arms or legs. All I remember is blacking out. I'm going to die...

Ending of part 1. Hope everyone enjoyed. This was just the beginning...😉