Ch 36

Kiara

Eric's friends were just arriving to his welcome home gathering he was having for miss Sky. I rolled my eyes in the mirror smoothing down my white knee high dress. I turned in the mirror and noticed I had picked up a little weight after having Ella.

"Hey baby, are you coming to the front room?" Eric asked walking through the door. He licked his lips at me, and I blushed. "Kiara you look good as hell tonight."

"Thanks." I said smiling. He grabbed me by the hand and kissed me. "I hear a lot of people."

"Everyone is here." He said leading me to the living room. It seemed like there were over fifty people in the place, and I made my way to his bar. Eric paid for bartenders and servants all for little miss high and mighty.

"Don't you clean up well." I turned face to face with none other than Sky. I told Eric I would be nice, so that's what I planned to do.

"So do you!" And she really did. She was wearing a red strapless dress, with a pain of four inch stilettos on her feet.

She waved her hand at me, "oh this old thing, I picked it up in London."

I smiled, holding my breath counting to ten. I noticed Zana walk in the front door, looking beautiful in all black. I excused myself from Sky, and headed over to her.

"Thanks for coming." I said and hugged her.

"I wish you would've told me Chris was going to be here." She said looking at Chris and some young girl by the sofas.

"Ignore him, I'm just glad you're here."

We walked over to the bar, and set on the stools. Zana couldn't keep her eyes off Chris. "I thought you were over him."

"I am." She lied. I knew Zana all to well. She ordered her favorite drink, and I ordered the same. I needed to loosen up around these people I didn't really know. Carson walked in the door and gave a few people dap before heading our way.

"Sis, and her friend." He greeted, rolling his eyes at me. I swear that man hated the ground I walked on.

"Hello Carson." I spoke turning my attention away from him.

Eric was speaking with Sky in a corner, where she was whispering in his ear. "Excuse me." I said to the two of them. I walked over to Sky and Eric and cleared my throat. Eric's eyes almost popped out of my head when he seen me standing in front of the two with my arms crossed over my chest.

"Hey babe." Eric said moving closer to me. "We were just-"

I put my hands in his face, "save it Eric. Sky could I talk to you for a second?"

Sky looked at Eric, making sure that it was a good idea for her to talk to me. Eric shrugged his shoulders and turned to walk away. Sky followed me into the back room where there were no prying eyes, and no music to drown me out.

"So what's up Kiara?" She innocently asked me.

"Why are you really here?"

"Excuse me?"

I smirked and closed the door loudly so she knew I wasn't about to play these little games with her. "Why are you here?"

"I don't know what you mean Kiara, Eric asked me to stay."

"You could have said no, seeing that he was in a relationship with me and we're raising this child together!"

Sky walked closer to me, almost intimidating, "that is not Eric's child, so don't even play yourself. And Eric and I are friends, that's why he said that it was ok for me to stay. Now if you will excuse me, I have guest in the other room, and I be damned if I stay back here and argue with the likes of you!" Sky said to me, and left the room