Chapter 10

[09 OCTOBER 2019 | DENISSE]

It's SVT's last concert day in Osaka, Japan. Our first stop for the Japan tour.

Our flight to the next concert venue is on Friday, the day after tomorrow.

My family flew in for a vacation and scheduled for us to meet.

I already asked Hana's permission to go visit my family and sleep over.

I promised to be back at the hotel tomorrow afternoon after my lunch reunion.

It's still four more months before SVT is scheduled to return to the Philippines so I have to make the most of it.

I decided to skip the team dinner that night.

Strangely, Cheol didn't have a lot of requests as he usually did.

Quite the opposite in fact as he seemed a bit aloof and somewhat serious since yesterday.

If I didn't know better, I'd think that he was angry at me for some reason.

But I'm doubtful that I or whatever I did would matter the least bit to affect his mood.

I discarded it as just one of his moods that he'll soon get over.

As I was about to rush out of the hotel, Jeonghan caught up with me in the lobby and grabbed me by the elbow.

"Hey, Denisse-ssi!  Where are you off to?  Dinner won't be until 10:30 PM."

"Uhm, yeah, I know.  But I won't be going."

"Why not?"

Jeonghan sounded surprised and a bit stern.

"I have a date."

"Seriously?"

"Yes, seriously!"

"With whom?"

"With Jeanne."

"Hmm.  Interesting.  Does Coups know?"

"I don't...does he have to?  Hana knows. Sorry, Jeonghan, but I desperately have to go.  I'll be back tomorrow evening. Annyeong, Jeonghan-ssi."

"An...annyeong.."

I kind of heard disappointment in Jeonghan's voice but I didn't have the luxury to probe since I was in a hurry.

I had to meet my sister right away to hitch a ride to the hotel.

She worked part-time in Makati and had to come in on a later flight.

She was supposed to watch the concert and meet me after but she couldn't get out of a business meeting.

We just agreed to meet at Itami Airport.

I miss my family a lot.

Both my parents still worked and all my siblings are still studying.

Before I left for Korea, we only had the weekends to spend together as a family.

Even then, other activities took up our supposedly 'free' days.

I must admit that technology has made it a lot easier to keep in touch even across long distances.

Social media is now an indispensable part of everyone's life wherever they are in the world.

So keeping track of a person's activities and latest concerns was easy.

Whenever some important family matter needed to be resolved right away, it was quite easy to make a video call.

With my schedule, however, I was often preoccupied with work to sneak in a call home or chat online for 'pleasure.'