Chapter 6

[25 MARCH 2019 | DENISSE]

Seventeen's Japan Tour 'Haru' was about to begin the following week. 

Almost all tickets for the month-long concert dates are already sold out, with less than 1% of the seats still available.

I already wrote down the different locations in my Carat Journal:

JAPAN TOUR "HARU" >>> CONCERT DATE - VENUE

April 2 & 3 (Tue / Wed) - Marine Messe Fukuoka, Fukuoka, Japan

April 6 & 7 (Sat / Sun) - Marine Messe Fukuoka, Fukuoka, Japan

April 9 & 10 (Tue / Wed) - Saitama Super Arena, Saitama, Japan

April 19 & 20 (Fri / Sat) - Saitama Super Arena, Saitama, Japan

April 25 & 26 (Thu / Fri) - Osaka Jo Hall, Osaka, Japan

Due to the group's tight schedule, the English lessons were set aside. 

All of SVT were deep into their song and dance rehearsals, with less than a week to prepare.

The weekend right before the concert series formally starts would be a break for them to rest and recharge. 

They had to be fully energized when they went back on stage and had to sustain a high level of vitality until the end of the series.

I witnessed how SVT Members were dedicated to their craft, "working" almost non-stop. 

The dance rehearsals usually began at 9 in the morning, and almost always stretched late into the night, with the last couple of days lasting as late as 3 the next morning. 

It was a good thing that every member seemed to enjoy what he was doing.

No one was complaining despite the many times they had to repeatedly dance to the same music.

Just because one or two members failed to dance on point, missing the choreography by just a few degrees or a split-second delay, Hoshi's eagle eyes were too keen to overlook these "imperfections." 

This attention to detail, combined with every member's passionate commitment to his craft, definitely set the bar quite high for other performers to follow.

Interspersed between the day-long energy-sapping dance routines were short breaks. 

The majority went straight to the pantry to fuel up, having their fill from the snack bar and vendo. 

Some members listened to their favorite music while sitting.

One or two rested on the couch, releasing some of their tension by putting their feet up.

During these downtimes, Sam and I made sure our boys were rehydrated, handing them water and towels.  

For our HHU, we made sure to have extra shirts on hand for a change of clothes, just in case some felt uncomfortable wearing their sweat-soaked ones. 

All four were always gracious and spent time talking to us, trying to make us comfortable, sharing funny stories and a joke or two, now and then.  

Sam was a bit shy and often asked me to be the one to hand out the items specially requested by some of the members.  

She felt a  little intimidated because her Korean was not that good yet. 

I was not as fluent myself when I first came to Seoul earlier in the year.