Chapter 1

[20 FEBRUARY 2019 | THIRD PERSON POV]

She opened her eyes; her surroundings, unfamiliar.

Looking around, she was at a bus station.

It seemed she had just woken from sleep and was sitting on a bench.

No idea how she got there. It was all a bit confusing.

She checked herself, a pinwheel on her right hand, a 6-rotor rainbow-colored pinwheel.

It was spinning slightly, the movement somewhat hypnotic.

Gently placing the curious object down, she stood up and slowly started walking.

Noticing the bus stops and the signs on the stores, she was in Seoul.

South Korea was one of her longed-for places to visit.

Her favorite band was a K-Pop group and she wanted to watch one of their local concerts.

Always, her travel plans included friends or family.

Now, she was there, alone. Weird.

Still a little dazed and unable to get her bearings, her surroundings felt surreal.

Everyone around her spoke Korean and she seemed to have no difficulty understanding them.

But she neither spoke nor understood Korean. How come?

It seemed like some bizarre fantasy.

Most probably, it was all just a dream.

Now, she is literally, dreaming of being in South Korea.

Funny!

She brushed off the oddity of her situation and decided to enjoy the moment.

Everything she saw and heard was fascinating.

Since it was all just a dream, her "trip" would likely end soon.

She had to make the most of her stay.

Enjoying the sights and sounds, the modern architecture, and the cool and clean environment, could this be how Seoul looked for real or is it just how she imagined it?

Roaming around and exploring further, she ended up in some of the narrower, less busy streets.

Surprisingly, she did not feel lost.

The surroundings felt familiar, even the street she was on appeared similar to one of the spots where Seventeen does their lives or reality videos.

The narrow street and the houses brought to mind episodes of SVT's One Fine Day in Yeoseodo.

The idea of being in the same spot where her K-Pop idols had been, "lost" in an unfamiliar place, gave her a crazy idea.

It was her dream and she could do whatever she wanted after all.

Taking a long, deep inhale, she shouted at the top of her lungs!

"CHOI SEUNGCHEEEEEOOOOOL!"

He was her bias, one of 13 members of her favorite K-Pop group SVT.

She couldn't stifle her belly laugh, imagining him spontaneously answering back from somewhere.

What she didn't expect was the familiar voice that came from behind her.

"What?"

Slowly, nervously, she turned around.

CHOI FREAKIN' SEUNGCHEOL WAS RIGHT THERE!

IN THE FLESH!

WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

Her world started to spin. She felt dizzy.

Before she knew it, her knees gave way and she started falling.

Seungcheol's surprised face was the last thing she saw as he came running towards her, catching her before she hit the ground.

Then, everything went black.

----------------- [20 FEBRUARY 2019 | DENISSE]

For the last couple of weeks, I always woke up feeling tired.

Dog-tired. As if I had not slept a wink even though I spent 8 to 9 hours in bed, unconscious.

Kind of mysterious, really!

Maybe, I'm still adapting to my work schedule; I worked the night shift.

It has been 3 months now, almost. I should have gotten used to it already, right?

I lie in bed, staring at the ceiling, trying to think about it.

Hmm...I struggle to keep my eyes open...slowly giving in to sleep. Almost!

"Denisse! Get up!"

My friends were calling from outside my room.

We scheduled buying winter clothes today, among other tasks on our "To Do" list.

I live in a tropical country but, in less than two weeks, we'll be boarding a plane to Seoul to attend Caratland.

This was our last free time to finish our shopping.

"Dude! Get dressed! We need to leave early or else, we'll be stuck in traffic for God knows how many hours again!"

"Fine! Just give me 10 minutes!"

I showered and brushed my teeth then off we went.

Just a quick intro.

My friends call me Denisse.

I am in love with K-Pop, especially Seventeen or SVT.

I met my current circle of friends because of Seventeen, which was quite recent.

It hasn't been a year since our little circle was formed.

After watching our first Seventeen concert together, we decided to level it up and attend Caratland next.

That's this year.

So here we are, shopping for clothes that we would need to survive Korea's winter.

We tried to stick to safe colors like black, white, and gray.

However, we couldn't stop ourselves from buying a few rose quartz and serenity here and there, SVT's colors.

We had our hair done, as well. Bold colors wouldn't hurt.

After a day of shopping and pampering, we were more excited about our upcoming trip than we had ever been.

There's still a week left before our trip, but everything's packed and ready.

No room for leaving essentials behind because all our extra money was to be spent on merchandise, and not on less important things.

It's only a week's wait but it felt like the longest week in my entire life.