Chapter 13

[27 DECEMBER 2019 | THIRD PERSON POV]

Looking at the building across, she saw three people come out of the cafe.

Two were recognizable to her as SVT members, Mingyu and Joshua.

But not the blond girl they were with.

She looked familiar though, slim with large eyes like Lisa of Black Pink.

Probably a trainee of another female K-Pop group.

It seemed that her dreams were becoming an all-star cast.

Fixed on the trio walking away, she saw them disappear as they turned the corner.

Suspecting that other SVT members might still be inside, she hurried to cross the street.

Before entering, she scanned the other customers through the glass window.

Seungcheol was sitting all alone at one of the tables, brows furrowed.

As he shifted his gaze, his frown transformed into a blank stare, facing her direction.

She waved at him, believing that he saw her, but got no reaction.

Curious as to what could be bothering him this much, she made her way to join him.

Reaching his table, she stood beside him waiting for him to notice.

"Annyeong, Cheolie!"

It took a while before he snapped out of his reverie and was startled to see her there.

"Oh, you came back. Did you forget something? And...and you changed outfits, too? That was quick!"

He looked even more surprised seeing her clothes, his eyes slightly getting bigger.

She checked and realized that she was wearing her white SVT hoodie.

"What? I just arrived. And no, I didn't change outfits. Why would I?" 

Again, she's dealing with another strange version of Seungcheol.

Or was it her that's being strange?  She's the one dreaming anyway.

"Huh? You just left with Joshua and Mingyu."

"I saw them leave when I was coming in, but we didn't get to talk."

"Jeanne, what are you saying? Did you hit your head or something? We were just here earlier, the four of us, talking."

"Jeanne? I'm Alecx. A-L-E-C-X.?Maybe YOU hit your head! And how do you know my sister?"

Oh no! Why would she be thinking about her sister now?

Jeanne has a great personality and all.

But this is her imagination, her dream!

Seungcheol shakes his head as if to wake himself up.

"Or did you mix something with your coffee? Are you drunk?"

She thought that not only was this Seungcheol strange, but he was also acting crazy.

Or she's thinking crazy?

Seungcheol stood up and held her face, further placing his hands on her shoulders.

"You're Alecx? ALECX?"

He slightly shook her, testing if she'd suddenly dissolve into nothing.