Chapter 9

[08 AUGUST 2019 | DENISSE]

Almost half a year has passed since I started working for Pledis.

I moved to Korea alone, leaving behind my family and friends in the Philippines.

My sister, Jeanne, will graduate this December and wants to travel first before finding a permanent job.

As a graduation gift, I promised to sponsor her trip to visit me for a short vacation.

Since she wouldn't know anyone in Korea, I anticipated that I would either take a leave from work or bring her with me to work for a day or two. 

That is one topic I will have to discuss with Hana when the right moment comes.

It's not that easy bringing outsiders inside Pledis for security reasons.

Note to self: get permission ASAP to bring sister to work.

Today, we'd be celebrating Cheol's birthday.

Besides cooking adobo, I was tasked to make a dessert that was not too sweet.

Hmm, that's gonna be tough 'coz desserts are supposed to be sweet.

But as always, I'm up for the challenge.

I am amazed at the things I do for SVT.

----------------- [16 SEPTEMBER 2019 | DENISSE]

Fall already started.  Pledis just released SVT's 3rd studio album "An Ode."

SVT's 2019 "Ode to You" World Tour also kicked off the previous month, with the first leg of concerts done in Korea.

Upcoming concert destinations within the year include Japan, Indonesia, and Thailand.

I won't get to go back "home" to the Philippines until February next year.

Still, it's something to look forward to.

The Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA) and the Asia Artist Awards (AAA) are still months away but the boys were polishing their execution of the new choreo Hoshi came up with, the same one my injuries inspired.

Last year, SVT won Best Dance Performance by a Male Group for their song "Oh, My!" at the 2018 MAMA, and received the Best Artist and Artist of the Year Awards at the 2018 AAA.  

They are scheduled to perform again this year and wanted to make sure everything would be awesome.

Although the PDs didn't always need to be present during rehearsals, Sam and I made sure at least one of us would be nearby, available to help in case our boys needed something.

During concerts, we both had to be there, vigilantly anticipating what our HHU might require.

Considering how hectic SVT's concert schedule can be, always being available for them was the least we could do to help.

I was busy chatting with my sister online, just waiting in the lounge area for rehearsals to finish.

We were discussing plans for my family to join me in Osaka when SVT tours there.

All of a sudden, Vernon came in with Jeonghan asking for some ice. 

Vernon somehow hurt his right hand doing a floor routine and took a break while the others kept practicing.

Jeonghan assisted him, wanting to make sure he was okay.

Without second thoughts, I quickly said goodbye to Jeanne.