21장

There's only three things in life that truly matter: friendship, love and Tony Lington

Or at least that's what suppose to be before this...

Before her father collapsed in front of her.

Before tremors rushes over her entire nerves.

Before she realized she has been taking everything for granted.

Before she observe the fine wrinkles and grey hairline along her father's feature.

Have Ha Na ever thought about losing one of her parents? No. Definitely that thought would never show up.

Ha Na couldn't speak. She couldn't perceived that everything would be okay, because everything is not okay. It would never be an okay from this moment onwards.

Mrs Kim has always been a rock, a steady, firm and solid mountain that would never shake despite any disaster, like the Nagasaki Arch who still stood firm despite the Atomic bomb in World War Two. She would be the meter that measure the safety of the earthquake, but today, she became afraid, because Mrs Kim isn't saying anything and Ha Na knew she should be afraid.

'Oh ma... what are we supposed to do?' She clasped her mom's hand as she watches Mrs Kim staring blankly at the glass looking through the only man in their family.

Ha Na was trembling, dribbles of tears rolling down her cheeks like the droplets of vapor on the leaf. She was scared. She has never been this scared.

Mr Kim was unconscious, the only thing they knew so far was that.

Until...

That was until the woman in white robe with a stethoscope hang around her neck came moving forward them.

She had a file on her arm which Ha Na believe was the answer to her father's condition. It felt like the book of death. Slowly, her vision of this file magnifies as the doctor arrived.

'Doctor Jung? How is my husband?' Mrs Kim managed to get her emotion stabilized, yet Ha Na could hear the minor trembles is her mother's voice. To Ha Na, Mrs Kim is a Tigress, a tigress never cries.

'We have taken all the necessary blood test, but hasn't Mr. Kim complaint about his abdominal discomfort all these months?' Doctor Jung eyed Mrs Kim.

'He did take medicine more than usual, but, just tell me what's happening to him, please, doctor.' Mrs Kim held the doctor's hand, she is exploding any second soon if nobody reveal the truth any moment now.

'I'm sorry to say this, but Mr. Kim is at the third stage of Gastric cancer.' Doctor Jung's voice was accompanied with compassion as she announced Mr. Kim illness.

It stops.

Everything stops.

The Earth's axis stops rotating and the sun stops burning. That's how Ha Na felt when the blow hits her. It was like a meteor shooting to the ground without any warning. Of everything she suspected, perhaps cancer came across her mind, but it was minor, too minor that she shunned that thought away.