Twenty: [Part 2] Lola

• Dedicated to all my lovely readers

TRIGGER WARNING! PLEASE SKIP THIS IF NECESSARY! If you are concerned that you may be triggered, please scroll to the very end of the chapter to see what is mentioned in the story. That way I don't have to spoil the story by writing it up here. Thank you. Please stay safe :)

***One week after the break up (Katherine's flat)***

"Come on, eat it. You must be hungry." Yasmine held a steaming spoonful of soup up to my lips, trying to get me to sip it. "You haven't eaten in days."

Hunger didn't matter now. I wanted to die as soon as possible. All 3 of Mika's sisters found out that he broke up with me, and they watched the security footage at the nightclub. That's how they figured out that I wasn't cheating on Mika and that I was in a state of depression. Mika, however, completely refused to watch the tape anyways, regardless of the millions of times Paloma tried to persuade him.

I was wrapped in a soft blue blanket that Zuleika brought me, but I didn't thank her. In fact, all of Mika's sisters were staying at my place to take care of me until I got over Mika and came out of my depression. I was grateful to have people looking out for me, but just this once, I hated their company. If they weren't there to take care of me, I would've died, which was exactly what I wanted.

Scars ran up and down my arms, legs, and body, just not my face. I self harmed, but Zuleika managed to talk me out of it. But still, wherever there was skin, there were scars.

I hadn't spoken to anyone in days, I hadn't eaten, and I didn't drink anything at all since the club incident. The only thing I'd do was lock myself in the bathroom and cry my eyes out, over Mika. His bright and shiny hightop shoes walking away from me was the only thing I'd think about.

"You know what, fine, don't eat it! See if I care?" Yasmine suddenly yelled, dropping the spoonful of chicken noodle soup back into the bowl and slamming it down on the counter. Fuming, she angrily stormed out of the living room, and Zuleika went to go talk to her. Paloma apologetically smiled at me from the kitchen, but I paid no attention to it. I didn't care if Yasmine was mad or not. I didn't even flinch when she snapped at me.

"Yasmine, take it easy on her. She's depressed!" I could hear Zuleika explaining to Yasmine from the other room.

"She's going to die if she continues this. I'm just really worried about her." Yasmine started to sob. Why was she crying? She had a perfectly perfect life drawing and designing. Truthfully, I didn't feel guilty about making Yasmine cry. Normally, I would've.

Paloma sat down next to me on the couch and readjusted my pillow. She wore a fake smile on her face and pretended she couldn't hear Yasmine and Zuleika from the other room. Her eyes and hair was as dark brown and stunning as usual, same with the other two sisters.

"I know what will cheer you up! Let's watch some TV!" Paloma tried to sound encouraging, uplifting, and optimistic. But, in truth, that was the 7th time she turned on the TV, and none of the times cheered me up. I'd always wear a blank expression on my face, staring right past anything that was trying to get my attention. For example, if Yasmine were talking to me, I'd stare at the wall behind her.

Paloma pressed a few buttons on the remote and Yasmine and Zuleika shuffled back into the living room. Yasmine's face was blotchy and red from all her crying. She plopped herself between Paloma and I, and them pulled me into a warm hug.

"Katherine, please don't do this to me. I love you and it hurts to see you suffer." she began to cry into my shoulder as I continued to stare at the wall in front of me. As much as I loved Yasmine and wanted to comfort her, my blank emotions stayed the same, not caring about a single thing. This was serious depression and shock.