Six: His Sisters

• Dedicated to Zuleika, Paloma, Yasmine, and Fortuné

I stared at my hand that was intertwined with Mica's. He was staring straight out ahead of him, subconsciously rubbing little circles onto the back of my hand with his thumb.

He was gentle and soft. He laid his head on my shoulder again, leaning on me a bit more. Then, he slipped an arm around my waist.

I had to admit, at first it was awkward because we were sitting like a couple. But then I remembered that it was okay to he awkward and display affection with Mica. He needed a friend who would accept him and hug him when he really needed it. I was blessed to be that person.

"I really wish I got to know you more." Mica broke the empty, but beautiful, silence.

"Like I said, we can hang out." I reminded him.

"But I'm going to miss doing this." he referred to our hugging and hand-holding.

"Saturday?"

"What?"

"Do you want to hang out on Saturday?" I clarified.

"Yes!" he turned to me in excitement.

Mica and I discussed what time and where we could meet. We finalized that we'd meet at a park at 2:00. Mica wasn't doing anything on Saturday and my mom didn't care, so we didn't have an end time.

"We should get going. It's getting late." I said. School let out half an hour ago and only a few students remained on campus. Some where in after school clubs.

Mica got up, his hand still clinging to mine. He did not look like he wanted to let go. So we walked hand-in-hand to the front of the school. We exchanged goodbyes, and Mica slowly pulled his fingers away from mine. Then, we went off our separate ways.

I kept rubbing my hands together, Mica's touch still lingering on it. He could be so adorable sometimes!

*****Four days later*****

"Promise me that you won't forget to come to the park tomorrow?" Mica reminded me for the 57th time. It was his last day of school before his mother would start homeschooling him.

"Yes, I'm coming. My mom said I can go as late as I want." I repeated.

"I never though I'd say this, but I'm going to miss school. You made it worth getting up early for." Mica said.

"Aww thank you." I said, ruffling his hair a bit.

"Well then I'll see you tomorrow, Kathers." Mica started to turn in the direction that he walked home in, but I stopped him.

"You know what? I'll walk you home today." I said.

"Really!? You would do that!?" Mica's face lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Of course."

"My sisters are dying to meet you!" he said.

"Really?" I replied.

"Yeah, they know all about how you're my best and only friend, how you help me, and all the great little things you do for me." Mica explained. I could feel my cheeks getting red from blushing.

"That's...that is truly amazing." I said, at a loss of words.

"Well don't just stand there, Kathers, let's go." Mica's soft hand found mine. I gladly weaved my fingers with his.

Mica led the way, dragging me along. Mica lived a pretty far away from my house, but I could still walk there. Luckily, the park we were scheduled to meet at was right in the middle of our apartments.

"2 o'clock. Don't forget it." Mica said again.

"Jeez, Mica Freak, I know!" I said, a little annoyed.