Fourteen: I'm in Love With You

• Ajánlott all you lovely Mika Freaks

Who needed sleep when so much happened in one day?

I was up all night, just lying in bed thinking. I kept replaying our kiss over and over in my head, reimagining every detail. The way I just suddenly turned around and clipped my lips to his was still fresh in my mind. How Mika pulled me closer and ran his fingers through my hair was still making me feel as light as a feather. I could still taste his lips.

To my relief, I didn't regret any of it. Everything I did happened for a reason and there was nothing to feel bad about.

I smiled like an idiot as I recited the words he said to me. You're as beautiful as the day you left me. I giggled at them. He thought I was beautiful!

I was acting like a teenage girl who's crush had just kissed her, but if you think about it, that's pretty much what happened. I still had the mind of a teenager and my crush and I kissed. Not being able to contain my excitement, I squeezed a pillow tightly, holding it over my face in case I needed to scream into it.

Even thought it was 3:30 in the morning, I lifted the lid to my laptop and placed a DVD inside it. Sleep didn't seem to come to me, so I wanted to occupy myself with a movie.

The entire movie, I couldn't concentrate on the story because my mind kept wandering off to think about Mika. Somewhere in the middle of the film, sleep decided that it wanted to take me to dreamland.

(-___-) Zzz

Something vibrated underneath me, jolting me away. Still groggy, I searched for my ringing phone in my pocket. I flipped it open and the screen said that Mika was trying to reach me. I lazily place the phone to my ear and pressed the 'accept call' button.

"Hello?" I said. By the sound of my voice, you could tell that I had just woken up.

"Hi love!" Mika's perky cute voice said.

"Oh hey Mika." I said, flopping down on my bed and closing my eyes.

"Did you just wake up?" Mika asked.

"Yeah." I laughed at my reflection in the mirror. My hair was horrendous and traces of sleep were still in me.

"That explains why you weren't answering the door." Mika said on the other end.

"Mhm...the door." I said in a sleepy tone.

"Wait...what about the door?!" I snapped out of my daze, shooting upright into a sitting position.

"I've been standing on your doorstep for the last 10 minutes, ringing the doorbell." Mika laughed.

"What!?" I exclaimed. I jumped into my fluffy purple bunny slippers and ran to my front door, throwing it open. Mika stood there, holding a single white rose.

"Hi." I said, slightly choking on my own words.

"Nice pajamas." Mika winked at me and walked inside. I suddenly became aware of my purple nightwear with cats printed all over it. I didn't want to excuse myself and change because that would show Mika how insecure I was. I had to learn to embrace the kittens and hearts on my pajamas.

Mika stuck the thornless rose behind my ear and tucked some of my hair out of the way. Then, he lightly pecked my ear. Happiness flooded my body when his lips came in contact with my skin. There was something about him that gave me butterflies and made me feel all tingly and weird on the inside. I guess that's what love felt like.

"Something tells me you're not aware what time it is." Mika said, smirking at me.

"What time is it?" I asked. Without looking at the clock, I predicted that it should be around 9 am.