Five: Hugs Kisses and Jealousy

• Dedicated to MIKA

11pm? It felt like we had only exchanged a few words on the phone, and yet, it was almost midnight.

"Good night, Mica." I said, forgetting that he had already hung up on me. I nestled into my bed and fell asleep, totally ready for the weekend.

*The following Monday...*

You should know my normal morning routine by now, so I'm going to skip explaining that. Anyways, I picked out bright blue skinny jeans, a white t-shirt, and a matching blue snapback. I chose white flats for shoes and fashioned my hair into one super long, thick, brown braid. I slipped an extra white hair tie onto my wrist.

However, today, I woke up late. To make the situation worse, we were out of cereal. I would either have to skip breakfast or buy it from somewhere. My mom wasn't anywhere to be seen, so I pulled 10 pounds from my wallet.

I grabbed my backpack off the stairs and ran out the door. Since I didn't buy a cookie yesterday, I went to the bakery that the nice old lady ran. I got in line, followed by a familiar-looking boy. As the line moved up, I recognized him. He was Lindsay's ex-boyfriend, Will.

To be honest, Lindsay never deserved him. He was really nice to me, and would always stop Lindsay from being mean to me. After they broke up, Lindsay accused me of being the reason they split. This was what I had to deal with!

"Hey Katherine!" he said, stuffing his hands in the pockets of his skinny jeans. He swiftly flipped his blonde hair. I swear I thought I saw his blue eyes sparkle.

"Hi Will." I replied, awkwardly looking at the floor. I didn't want to make eye contact with him.

"So...do you come here often?" he asked. It took me longer than it should've to realized he was speaking to me.

"Oh, um, no. I walk by here a lot, but I'm late for-"

"NEXT!" the lady at the register yelled. I looked towards her and realized I was next in line. I shot Will a quick smile and walked up to the counter.

"Can I get a giant chocolate chip cookie please?" I asked. The lady simply nodded, pulled out a freshly baked cookie, wrapped it in a napkin, and handed it to me. I gave her the exact amout of money that it costed. Then, I moved out of the way so Will could order.

I stood in the corner of the store, waiting for Will to finish it. I mean, it would be rude to just leave in the middle of our unfinished conversation. Will recieved his toasted bagel and walked up to me.

"Wanna walk together?" he asked.

"Yeah sure!" I agreed.

Will held the door open and we walked out of the bakery.

"Sometimes I see you running to school. I just never really get the courage to ask you to...you know...walk with me." Will began.

"You should've asked. I would've loved it." I said.

"Yeah. I noticed." he joked. Will and I crossed a few streets before rekindling the conversation.

"So what were you going to say back at the bakery?" he asked. I thought for a second.

"You know what? I don't remember." I said, honestly.

"Oh. That's okay. Hey, so you're friends with that new guy, right?" Will asked.

"Yeah, what about him?"

"I heard from Lindsay's friends that you two got kicked out of class twice in a row." Will said.

"Yeah. Mrs. Jane was being completely unreasonable. The principal talked to her, thought, and hopefully we can join today." I explained.

"Must take a lot of guts to pay the price for someone else's fault." he said. I simply shrugged.