Epilogue - Part 1

It has been a few months since Martin Proposed to Kamille and the planning process for the wedding is in full swing. In all the commotion, one person decides to take a walk around the castle gardens.  

She walks around the gardens, then enters the hedge maze. She reaches a dead end, waves her hand and the dead end opens up to reveal the secret garden (the one where Martin took Kam during the ball). She then takes a deep breath, sighs and walks over the platform surrounded by the fountain and savours the cool mist tickling her skin.

"I figured you'd be here!" Roman calls out.

"Of course, this place is beautiful after all," Flora replies.

Walks up to her and takes her hand, "Mind if I join you?" Roman asks.

"You may."

Roman and Flora stand there, hand in hand, enjoying the beautiful atmosphere and each other.

"This place sure brings back some great memories," Roman says.

"Of course, this place is very special for the both of us. I mean this is the place..." Flora replies.

"Where I proposed to you," Roman playfully says.

"Exactly, but it's also the place where Martin and Kam spent time together during the ball."

"Very true... It looks like our son is truly becoming a fine young man."

"Yes, indeed and he managed to keep his promise to Kamille."

"Yes, he did."

~Flashback (part 1) about 5 years ago (Kam is a few days away from turning 16)~

It's an early, cold and stormy morning,  all seem quiet in the castle when a knock can be heard from the door.

Awoken by the knocking, a very tired and groggy King Roman trudges to the door and opens it. Outside he sees a soaked, and cold Kamille, clearly distraught and upset.

"Kamille?! Oh dear come in," Roman says and quickly lets Kam in, leading her to a chair by the fireplace.

"T-thank y-you..." Kam struggles to say.

"What happened Kamille? Why are you here in the middle of the night in this storm?"

Kam tries to say something but is unable to say anything and starts shivering

Roman doesn't continue his questions, leaves the area, returns with a cup of hot milk and towel and gives the cup to Kam and wraps the towel around her in an attempt to dry her off and calm her down. It is now very clear, something horrible happened, so horrible that Kam cannot comprehend it all at once.

"T-thank y-you..." Kam says quietly and sips the milk.

As Roman watches Kam in her distraught state trying to process what is going on, fast footsteps echo through the area then Martin enters the area frantic and out of breath. When sees his father and a very distraught Kam, he runs up to Kam and pulls her into his arms.  

Kam is unable to respond in her distraught state and just sits there. Martin feeling how wet and upset she is as she is shaking in his arms.

"...He's gone...isn't he?" Martin cautiously asks.

Kam flinches at Martin's question, causing her and Roman to look up at Martin.

"James...your father...he's gone, isn't he?"

"...H-how did you know?" Kam nervously asks, tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

Martin says nothing, pulls her in closer and strokes her soaked hair, "...James' little brother and partner Michael, he came up to me when I was in town a while ago. He told me what had happened and was about to head to your house to tell you the tragic news...I wanted to go and see you sooner, but my duties kept me from doing so right away"