Chapter 2

~Back at the Castle~

Martin is practising his dancing with the Royal Dance Instructor Julie. He reviews his grand waltz, his casual waltz and his polka.

"Nicely done Martin, your dancing is up to regal standards and you're fully ready for tonight," Julie says.

"Perfect timing, feel free to eat lunch and clean up before your attire alterations, you've got about an hour," Kam says and hands Martin a towel.

"Thank you Julie and thanks for the heads up Kam, I'll take up on that," Martin says and walks out the dance room. "Bye Julie and I'll catch you later Kam." 

"Bye Martin," Jewels says.

"See you soon Martin",  Kam says as she waves to Martin.

"So Kamille, did you tell Martin you love him?" Julie asks.

"...Julie, like I've said many times before. My job is to ensure Martin is up to code with his duties as the heir to the throne and not to be in love with him." Kam firmly states.

"But if you keep all those feelings bottled up inside, it will end up hurting you more and besides, there's nothing wrong with telling him."

"I really hate to do this Julie, but I must get going. I need to have lunch before Martin's attire alterations. I hope you have a good day and I'll see you later." Kam says and walks out of the dance room. 

"You to Kamille," Julie says as she watches Kam leave the room"...Dear me Kamille, there really is nothing wrong with letting him know what's in your heart."

~An Hour Later~

Martin is with the Royal Taylor Alice altering Martin's custom made ball attire for tonight, with the assistance of Delia and Natalie.

"And...done," Alice says, just finishing the last stitch, "So, what do you think Martin?"

Martin turns around and looks in the mirror, "It looks fantastic! But I expect nothing less from the greatest design team in all the kingdom," Martin says proudly.

"Oh Martin, you're far too kind, we're just doing our job. But I must say, I really think we have outdone ourselves with this one. This may be one of our greatest projects." Delia says proudly.

"I agree, green suits you very well and you'll definitely stand out since none of the girls in the kingdom requested green for their dresses," Natalie adds.

"Good point. I even heard that the princesses from all the neighbouring countries will not be wearing green because they all want a specific shade of green that is next to impossible to get. Hence they won't wear any other shades of green... What do you think Kam?" Alice asks.

Nothing can be heard from Kam...

"Kam?..." Alice asks and turns to Kam.

 Kam is motionless and doesn't utter a word, her eyes are glued to Martin. *Wow...Martin looks so handsome in his Ball attire. What I wouldn't give to dance with him at the ball, just this once...* Kam says to herself, slightly blushing in the process.

"Hey Kam?! Are you alright!?!?" Martin says worriedly and shakes Kam.

"What?!...Oh!" Kam snaps back to reality, "Y-yes, I'm aright Martin. Sorry about that, I must have zoned out."

"It's alright Kam, I'm just relieved you're ok," Martin says sincerely.

Blush intensifies, "Oh...umm...thank you...M-Martin," Kam says nervously. "Anyway...It's almost 3:00 pm, you should get ready for the ball, it does start in 4 hours." Kam says.

"Right, thank you again Kam," Martin says as he steps into the changing room.

When Martin steps out of the changing room and hands his attire to Alice, "Please have this ready for me in my room and I will meet you there to put it on in 2 hours."

"Of course Martin," Alice says.

"Thank you Alice, and Kam, feel free to take it easy for the rest of the day. You deserve it, after all, you've done so much for me today. I'll see you tonight at the ball," Martin says and leaves the room, "Bye."

"Bye," Alice, Delia, Natalie and Kam say.

When Martin is gone, all eyes turn to Kam.

"What?" Kam asks.

"Oh Kam, sweet, sweet Kam," Delia says in a playful tone.

"What?!"

"The way you looked at Martin, the way your eyes shined with such raw emotion," Natalie adds.

"What are you talking about?!"

"Kam...I will only ask this once. Will, you ever tell Martin how you feel about him?" Alice asks.

"...Seriously!? What's with you guys!?... But I will be honest... I do love Martin... a whole lot. But he only sees me as a friend and/or sister figure... Besides, he's a price and I'm just a royal advisor. Princes love princesses, not royal advisors......" Kam says as her confidence begins to waver, "Please excuse me... I really should go gets some rest before tonight," Kam says and walks out the room.

"...Well, you got to hand it to Kam, she's a very professional worker by not letting her emotions get in the way of her work," Alice comments.

"That may be true, but Kam should listen to her heart at least once in a while. She's such a sweet young lady and deserves happily ever after, and Martin deserves someone as loving as her." Delia adds.

"Don't forget, the regret of not being able to express her feelings is going to haunt her for the rest of her life," Natalie adds.

"Exactly! That's why we got to help Kam as best as we can, starting with this ball...Delia, did you bring everything?" Alice asks.

"You bet we did, we even managed to get the rare shade of green that is next to impossible find," Delia replies.

"Not only will Kam look amazing in this dress, but she will also truly be the bell of the ball with that rare shade of green," Natalie adds.

"Perfect! Oh, but we'd better hustle, the ball is in less than 4 hours and the dress hasn't been started yet," Alice says.

"Right!" Delia and Natalie say.