June 21st and he still hasn't mentioned the grand opening but since I have my invitation I'll attend and probably give him a surprise, I got the most amazing and sexy outfit with the help of my best friend of course. Its a rose gold sequenced outfit with kimono sleeves and of course see through. I was so excited.
I'm left with about 2 hours and I hear my phone vibrate, I rush to check and its a text from Eric, my heart sank as I read the text.

[Hey, hun. Will be late don't wait up]

I shrug it off and get dressed, I straighten my hair and wave it a little, simple make up, heels and I gotta say I felt sexy.

Good thing Dom was available and I asked him to take me to the event

I walked in the hotel lobby and was directed to the swimming area and boy oh boy was it beautiful, the pool was huge, with different huts(shades) where people could relax. I left like I was at a tropical island. I could see the beach and it was beautiful. I notice everyone is looking at me and I'm still standing by the entrance, I feel a bit out of place but I suck it in and look around, looking for my husband of course, I see him and walk towards him.

I get closer, and he turns and looks at me, I smile at him but he doesn't smile back. Maybe he didn't see me. I walk closer and he's standing with a younger woman and a gentleman around his age. I walk towards him and call him, "Eric"
He turns and clears his throat.
"Miss Stone, you came".
What the F, did he just call me Miss Stone?
The young gentleman, the clears his throat.  " Eric, won't you introduce us to your friend?"

"Miss Stone isn't a friend but a Business partner on a new project we are working on." Wtf, did he just say that? Oh my God, how did i not see this, he's ashamed of being seen with me. Don't cry don't cry don't cry. If he thinks he can have the last laugh then he doesn't know who he's messing with. "But sure I'll introduce you. Miss Alaine Stone, this is Mark Devanagari, the CEO of Prime pharmaceuticals". He continued as  I stretch my hand toward Mr Devanagari for a hand shake but instead he raises it and kisses the back of my hand. This is exactly what I need. " and this must be your lovely girlfriend? " trying to of course get the woman talking.
"Oh is it that obvious? I'm Eleanor Fitzgerald, I'm a model". As she wraps her hand around his arm.

" I can see that, I'm Alaine Stone, owner of island dishes. Have you ever had the honor of trying out our variety of East African dishes?" Trying to keep a straight face.

"You are the owner, I love that place. The food is so unique and rich" Mark says with so much enthusiasm as he stretches his arm for me to grab it. "You have to tell me more, Eric please excuse us".  I oblige and let him lead the way. Leaving my dear Husband with his girlfriend with a baffled and covetous look.

The hours felt longer, I wanted to leave the minute I saw him standing there with his so called size 0 girlfriend but I didn't want to give him the satisfaction, so I did socialize a bit and Mark couldn't stop undressing me his eyes, it was starting to bug me and soon after I decided to take a walk by the beach.

I take off my shoes and feel the white sands in my feet. Finally I'm alone, and my thoughts start running wild, I wanna scream but I can't, not here where they could hear me. I walk further away from the hotel and take a sit down, raising my knees to my chest in the sand. I close my eyes and tears start running down my cheeks.

" Alaine" I hear some call me, that voice, that voice and scent I can recognize any where.

"Leave me alone Eric". With my head still buried between me knees.

" Alaine I'm sorry, I didn't know you were gonna be here and I'd already asked Eleanor to be my date months ago".

I stand up furiously and turn to face him, "Oh Eric, just admit you're ashamed to be seen with me. Your whole life, you've been seen with models; the new Leonardo DiCaprio, Only dates models changing them like clothes. You are so afraid of what people will think, what your high society friends will think when they know you shagging a fat girl. I now understand why our dates were always at home, at first, I thought maybe you wanted to protect our relationship away from the media but I was foolish, foolish because I was falling for you but now we are done Eric, I'm moving out so please feel free to take your barbie dolls home whenever you feel like it, I won't stop you".

" Alaine, please-" I cut him off before he could finish.

"No Eric, your mouth says something but your actions say something else, I'm not a fucking fetish and don't fucking follow me" as I walk away. I called Dom, and ask him to pick me up and take me back home.

We reach home and I ask him to wait for me as I get my things and leave, going back to my old apartment.