Chapter 1

My name is Taylor Smithlock. I am a sixteen year old girl. I live in Jasper, Nevada. People say this is the most boring place on earth. I don't know if I agree or not. I have lived with my mom all my life, up until now. I never knew my dad. Mom never talked about him. Mom had two low paying jobs, so we lived in a small apartment. My life has been difficult as long as I can remember. I can't complain about the past though. I remember I have always loved it. As long as I was with Mom, it was okay. We were there for each other.

Even after the incident, she still stuck with me.

Mom died three days ago. In a car crash.

I don't know. I guess it hasn't really sunk in yet. I'm sad, but not as much as I feel I should be. I can still feel her presence all around me. I know she's gone, but I don't feel like she is. 

Two day after she died, at her funeral, people were whispering about why I wasn't crying. My mom was dead, and I didn't have any family to take me in. None that liked me, anyway. Like I said, it hadn't really sunk in yet. 

It still hasn't.

After the funeral, I went home for the last time and changed. Black was too sad. I went to bed early, knowing the next morning I would be evicted. I woke up, left, and started walking down the road. I don't know where I was going. I didn't really care. Ever since her death, my mind has been kind of blank. Empty. I don't know.

I walked down the road for hours. Cars beeped at me as I went along the side of the highway. I thought about hitchhiking. Then I rejected the idea. I finally decided to turn at an exit. it looked old and abandoned, but I didn't care. I had some money in my pocket, so I planned on heading to a gas station or something and getting something to eat. I don't know how long it had been since I last had a meal.

But I'm not really thinking about any of that stuff now.

Because I have NO IDEA WHAT IS HAPPENING.

Mere moments ago, a loud collision sent me flying backward. Now I was on the ground in complete shock. The ground was shaking from under me violently. I heard clashing and what sounded like... gunshots? Lasers? I tried to get up, but a another shock sent me tumbling back down. My eyes went wide with fear. I could feel tears, tears that had been hiding for days, beginning to well. I looked up and saw a large mass flying towards me. Screaming, I tried to crawl away. 

I managed to scrape away just before something big and metal crashed onto the ground.

My voice died in my throat. In slow, large movements, the giant metal creation began to move. The red and blue gears pushed up, and my eyes began to see the shape of the giant thing. It looked like.. a robot? 

Slowly, ever so slowly, two, glowing lights flickered at me. They seemed to squint for a moment, before widening in surprise. I froze as a quiet gasp seemed to escape out of a partially open mouth. 

A loud crash brought my eyes away from the huge mech. The red and blue plates shifted, and soon the thing was standing on two sturdy, metal legs. It glanced down at me, trembling and whimpering, once more. The eyes  flickered with something like pity. And worry? I felt my tense muscles relax slightly. 

"Optimus!" A loud, booming voice from behind me made me jump out of my skin. I dared to turn around and saw another machine, big and muscular, standing anxiously with two wrecking balls at the end of giant metal arms. It had a powerful jaw, and two glowing blue eyes like the other one. They seemed to have a glow of fear and worry. Then they fell on me.

"Wha.. oh, scrap."

"Bulkhead," said the red and blue one, Optimus, to the green mech. "Tell the others to fall back, and com Ratchet for a Groundridge. We can no longer endanger the humans in this area."

The green mech, Bulkhead, nodded once and took off with huge, lumbering steps. I felt my body overcome with convulsing shivers. I looked back up at.. Optimus. He bent over, an elbow leaning on his knee. I wanted to scramble away, but my body felt weak and shaky. I felt the tears beginning to slid down my cheeks. 

"Do not be afraid," he said. His voice was loud and authoritative, but it sounded gentle and reassuring at the same time. "We are not here to harm you. We must leave before any more damage becomes of this place, or you."

An explosion suddenly went off to our left, sending me flying. I screamed in fear and pain as I tumbled and rolled on the ground. Spots danced in my vision as I pushed myself up. Everything spun around, the ground bouncing up and down. I saw Optimus, Bulkhead, and a yellow robot racing towards me, glowing eyes wide. 

'Taylor, I love you no matter what.'

Just as my mom's voice began to fade out of my head, my vision blacked out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, everyone!!!! Wow, I can't believe I published my first chapter in only a few hours!! (Granted, it is an EXTREMELY short chapter, I'm sorry.) They will be longer as I continue, I promise.

I've always been a huge fan of Transformers Prime and have dreamed of writing a story like this. I hope you guys enjoy it! I have no idea how long it will take, but I will devote myself to writing it to the end!! 

I know I'm new, so I'm sorry if it's not to your liking.

But I'm writing it anyway. 

Until next time!!

*waves*