CHAPTER FORTY - final

Start from the beginning

Taehyung phone was smashed and it's pieces were shining when the light touched them. Not only the phone but a vase laid broke on the floor.

"Find him" Namjoon stammered out and the boys ran out on different directions to find the brunette.

Seokjin and Yoongi bursted into the room of the boy to find it in a chaos but the a stench they caught was more unsettling.

"Is that....?" Seokjin blurted out and Yoongi hummed.
"Petroleum" Yoongi completed for him and to his dismay he saw a lighter laying on the bed which he kept in his pocket and wrapped the petrol soaked sheets and blankets and chucked them to the side.

Seokjin entered the bathroom to see the bathtub running and water flooding the tiles. A open bottle of pills was spilling on the floor and a rat poison container was laying open with the content mixing with the water.

The older's breaths hitched in his throat and his scrabbled back with Yoongi who was looking lost and confused.

"Where is he?" Seokjin asked and both of them ran out and met Jimin who was trembling.

"What happened?"  Yoongi asked, gripping Jimin's shoulders to steady him in place.

"Me and Hoseok...saw..." Jimin mumbled.

"Saw what?" Seokjin asked.

"Saw a...loaded pistol in the master's bedroom" Jimin stammered and Yoongi let out a cry and ruffled his hair and looked around.

"The basement" Jungkook said and came running to the boys,"Let's check the basement"

The boys recollected by the stairs and went to the basement. The first thing the met with was the wine cellar.

A sigh of relief parted their lips when the same Taehyung sitting at the counter and tracing the glass which was filled by a gold coloured liquid. His hands were scratched and pale white and face lacking any trace of the previous glowing golden skin.

"Taehyung" Namjoon breathed out and went to the younger. Taehyung looked up at the mention of his name and gave a sick close lipped smile.

"I heard ya'll" He slurred,"Couldn't get up"

Jungkook mentally counted the number of empty liquor bottles, seven to nine. All empty.

"What are you doing? And where is your family?" Jimin asked with eyes wide with worry.

"Ha family" Taehyung seethed and looked at the boys with a tired expression.

"They felt for the hospital" He answered nonchalantly,"Dad had a stroke or something I don't know"

"Hand over the bottle" Yoongi said and reached forward for the bottle of alcohol on Taehyung hand but the younger pulled his back.

"Nah~~" He slurred,"Ya know, I always used to wonder...why are...why are people addicted to these drinks and drugs....Now I get it."

The boys stared helplessly as the other kept on rambling.
"They are not... addicted to alcohol....they are addicted to escaping reality..dude living in a lie is sooo beautiful" Taehyung continued with a dreamy tired smile.

"Tae stop" Hoseok whispered out,"You are scaring us"

"A broken person is always scary buddy" Taehyung said and smirk.
"You know..." He slurred,"They say...tell what is bothering you, what is hurting you, what is breaking you. And when you tell them, they just can't hear it and go away and leave you....hurt, betrayed—"

"You are not in your right mind" Seokjin whispered.

"What was my fault huh? I just tried telling them what was the deal with me and this ended up like this" The brunette continued and kept his cheek against his bruised knuckle.