CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

Hoseok played with his phone but his mind had wandered away to somewhere far away. Seokjin was settled on the couch next to him and watching the television.

The male sighed and chewed mindlessly on his bottom lip. It has been a week or something they had seen Taehyung and Seungjae had completely shut out everyone even though they never talked with him but still be was being extra cold and something was surely bugging him since then.

Hoseok was feeling suffocated because of something and it just caused an uneasy feeling in his chest. He had called Taehyung and the younger seemed really off and cut the call after a few minutes saying that he was needed by someone.

The male shrugged it off thinking that maybe it was busy in preparation of the wedding.

Thinking of the wedding, it was tomorrow so the boys were seeing Taehyung there anyways.

Hoseok looked up as Jungkook came down from the stairs holding a suit and showed it to Hoseok and Seokjin.

"This one or the dark blue one?" He asked and Hoseok shrugged and said.
"Black suits you"

"I wanna look good" Jungkook whined and Seokjin let out a light chuckle.
"Jungkook it seems like it is your wedding" He said.

"Come on it's my friend's brother's wedding" Jungkook said looking offended,"It's not a small deal"

"Well okay Jk" Seokjin said and leaped off the couch,"Then I should select my suit as well"

"You better" Jungkook said solemnly,"And Hobi hyung go pick your suit as well. And no big shoes please"

"Hey!" Hoseok warned and Jungkook ran upstairs chuckling to himself.

Jungkook crossed Jimin's room and peered in and saw the grey head sitting on his bed and staring at his closet with a frown.

"Chim? What happened?" Jungkook asked and entered the room and Jimin gave the boy a troubled look.

"I have nothing to wear!" He whined and Jungkook looked at over flooding closet and rubbing his chin.

"Damn right" He said and then smacked the back of the older's head.
"Pabo you have so much" Jungkook commented and Jimin huffed.

"Okay maybe but I don't have the clothes required for the occasion" Jimin said.
"Pick anything" Jungkook said and Jimin huffed.

"Jungkook you took a week to choose your shoes" Jimin said Jungkook looked away and pointed at a tuxedo.

"Oh look you can wear that" He said and Jimin chuckled.

"I wonder what Taehyung is doing" Jungkook hummed.
"He is probably busy with the last minute preparation" Jimin answered and went to pick the tuxedo Jungkook was suggesting.

Taehyung wasn't busy with the last minute preparation. He was busy trying to control himself from drinking another shot of the vodka. He hit his head against the counter and groaned.

He was sitting in the wine cellar in the basement. He had been staying there alot these days and his family was worried that their son was becoming a alcoholic.

"Tae! The fuck?!" Areum scowled at the half empty bottle of vodka and the glass in the boy's hand.

Areum snatched away the two things and set them aside and Taehyung's jaw and made him look in her eyes.

Taehyung's eyes were hooded and red.

"Tomorrow is your brother's wedding, stop acting like this for one goddamn second" She snarled.

"Getting tired of me already?" Taehyung smirked nonchalantly.
"You are taking too much patience of ours" Areum said and Taehyung swat her hand away.

"Then leave me on my own" Taehyung grumbled and pressed his face against his white and pale hands.

"Why are you doing this to yourself?" Areum whispered,"You were not like this..."

"I'm tired of being happy" Taehyung answered and Areum frowned.

"You changed Tae" She said and her hands fisted her shirt.

"I didn't" He said and looked at Areum with a smirk,"I just dropped the act"

Areum looked away and then walked out of the cellar. She stopped at the stairs and said.

"Don't act drunk at the wedding" She said and Taehyung waved his hand and let his head connect with counter.

"You changed Tae..." He repeated tiredly and let out a chuckle.

"I changed" He said and put his head on his folded arms and let his tight muscles,"I really changed.."

"I'm worried about him" Youngae, Taehyung's mother, said while staring at the flowers in front of her.

"Mom..He needs help" Baekhyun said,"We should send him to a professional"

"And probably a rehab" Areum grumbled.

"Yeah and probably a rehab" Baekhyun said and Sungmin sighed.

"Give him some time" He said and Baekhyun snorted.
"How much more time dad?" Baekhyun said,"I'm sorry but he is just..just becoming like a lunatic"

"Don't say that about your brother" Sungmin said.

"It's our fault" Youngae said and sniffled,"We kept him in too much comfort"

"Maybe the boys can help?" Jiwoo added meekly.
"Never" Areum and Baekhyun said at the same time.

"He changed drastically after the accident" Areum blurted out and Baekhyun eyes widened.

"What accident?" Sungmin asked and Youngae leaned forward with furrowed eyebrows.

Areum and Baekhyun looked at each other and gulped.
"Kids what accident?" Sungmin asked in a deadly calm voice.

"I mean the accident w-with the boys" Areum stammered awkwardly and Sungmin narrowed his eyes.

"Truth" He growled and Baekhyun and smacked his hand on his face and dragged his down.

"Taehyung... Taehyung met an accident" Baekhyun breathed out finally, words stinging his throat.

"He didn't want to tell it to you" Areum added and Sungmin dropped his face in his hands and Youngae began crying and Jiwoo rushed to helped her.

"He hid it from us?!" Sungmin bellowed and Baekhyun and Areum flinched.

"Don't talk with him about it now" Areum insisted and Baekhyun gave a nod.

"Let get over with this wedding thing and then you three have a lot of questions to answer" Sungmin said and got up from the couch.

"I'm sorry for the tension right before your wedding day Jiwoo" Sungmin said and Jiwoo shook her head.

"It's okay dad, I understand" She said and rubbed Youngae back to soothe the lady.

"Dad..." Baekhyun breathed out as he father walked out of the living area.

"What?" He asked with eyes glaring at his son.

"Are we in a trouble?" Baekhyun asked and Areum gulped the thick cotton ball in her throat.

Sungmin's eyes softened as he said,"No my children"

Baekhyun and Areum breathed out a sigh of relief but then Sungmin added-

"You are in a big trouble"

***

a/n

If you still here, then thank you so much for staying <3
This book is turning pretty depressing.