CHAPTER TWO

Taehyung grabbed his bag so hard that his knuckles were white. His breaths were shaking from nervousness and heart thumping in chest so hard that it was due to burst open.

The walk from the main gate to mansion was awkward and nervous enough. Taehyung fisted his other hand and knocked on the mahogany double door. Although he was sure that the knock will diminish before it could reach anyone's ears in the huge place.

Taehyung definitely wasn't expecting the door to open by his elder brother, who was still in pajamas.

Baekhyun stared at Taehyung for a long moment. His stare made Taehyung uncomfortable and self-conscious.

"Tae..—?" Baekhyun whispered. He reached forward and touched his palm with Taehyung's cheek so lightly as if the male was a weak string of light which would break if Baekhyun applied pressure.

"Hyung..." Taehyung couldn't continue anymore when Baekhyun pulled Taehyung into a bone crushing hug. His Gucci bag fell down on the porch marble floor when Taehyung hugged back his brother.

"I am so sorry....I-I..was—" Taehyung started to explain where he was for the past whole year.

"Shhhh" Baekhyun shushed as he ran his fingers through his brother's brown hair,"You don't need to explain yourself. If that is what gave you peace then it's alright"

"Bu-but Eomma Appa??" Taehyung asked his voice muffled from his face being dug in Baekhyun's shoulder.

"They won't say anything as well...So won't Areum" Baekhyun said,"Taehyung we quit your search not because we were angry but because we wanted you to have your time"

"You forgave me?" Asked Taehyung as he nuzzled his face in Baekhyun's neck.
"I was never angry" Baekhyun said,"Now come in...It's cold outside"

"Okay" Taehyung said as his reluctantly pulled away. Baekhyun grabbed the male's bag and then wrapped his other arm around his shoulder and guided him in.

Baekhyun felt his brother visibly tense up as they went to the study where his parents were seated.

"Tae...S'alright" Baekhyun said as he gave the bag to a servant and then opened the door to the study.

"California's share holde—oh Baekhyun who was at the door?" Asked Sungmin when he looked up from his file.

"Look for Yourself" Baekhyun said with a smile and pulled Taehyung in the study, into the vision line of his parents.

"Tae!" His mother squealed and race to her son. She squeezed him into a hug and then pulled away. Sungmin came to Taehyung as well with a sweet smile.

"Welcome back my son" Sungmin said and gave his son a man hug,"How was Thailand?"

"You knew I was in Thailand!?" Taehyung asked with a astounded expression, even his mother and Baekhyun turned to look at Sungmin who laughed.

"Of course I knew where you have been my child" Sungmin said with the box smile that Taehyung got from him,"Never wondered why your bank account never ran out of money?"

"Yes I did" Taehyung said as realization dawned on him.

"But why didn't you tell us?" Asked Baekhyun and his mother together.
"I thought that it should be a secret between a son and father" Sungmin laughed and Taehyung followed, hugging his dad and muttered a 'I love you'.

"Wait—does that means that I was drowned in work while you were going around the world and having fun!?" Baekhyun suddenly spoke. He was answered by a deep chuckle.

Baekhyun fake glared at his brother and growled,"Time for punishment for you"
Taehyung stopped laughing and even his parents looked at Baekhyun for a moment. Baekhyun pounced on the younger and pinned him to the couch, flexing his fingers and started tickling his brother. Taehyung burst out laughing, begging and screaming as Baekhyun tickled him without mercy.

"Let him breath Baekie" His mother laughed as she and her husband seated themselves on the couch with a fond grin for their children.

Taehyung was between tears when Baekhyun pulled away and laughed at his brother's rueful condition.

"You are so dead hyung" Taehyung growled but he had a fond smile on his face. Baekhyun pressed his hand to his chest with a hurt expression to which the rest of the family laughed.

"Where is Areum?" Asked Taehyung as Baekhyun seated himself beside him, keeping a firm hold around Taehyung's shoulders.

"She is in Norway" Baekhyun said,"Said she wanted to click pictures of Northern lights"

Baekhyun pulled out a picture from a drawer and gave it to Taehyung.
"She sent this photo card" Baekhyun said as he handed it over,"It's a picture she clicked"

Taehyung turned the photo card and gazed over the beautiful picture of Northern lights, he had seen just a few months ago.

"Woah" He whispered and Baekhyun agreed.

"She is getting better" Said Taehyung as he remembered that cheeky grin of his best friend

"Yup" Sungmin agreed and then smiled when his son broke in a yawn.
"You must be tired Tae" Said his mother,"Go change and sleep"

"Okay Eomma" Taehyung said and then he got up. Baekhyun followed his brother outside and to his room.

"You have clothes?" Asked Taehyung as he lazily picked up a dark blue towel.
"Yes, want some?" Asked Baekhyun and went to his closet, Taehyung hummed and waited till his brother handed him a blue t-shirt and black sweatpants.

Taehyung went in the bathroom and took and quick shower and then came out in his brother's clothes.

Baekhyun was laying in the bed and messing with his phone. Taehyung quit the idea of going in his bed and climbed up his brother's instead.

"Can I sleep here?" Asked Taehyung as he laid down.
"You don't have to ask Swiss roll" Asked Baekhyun and softly smiled when his brother cuddled in his side and soon soft snores left his lips.

"Sleep well TaeBear" Baekhyun said and then spent the time messing and creasing his brother's hair.

***

Yoongi threw his bag at the corner of his room and fell in the bed with sigh. He was home and all he wanted to do was sleep.

So that is what he did.

***