CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

Taehyung collapsed on the wet and sweet smelling ground. The pond's water rippled when his hand dipped in the cold water, immediately giving him a frostbite.

Taehyung stared at the oh so familiar get away place. He sighed at the sweet memories of the place that he cradled dearly in his chest. Him and Areum sitting at the soft patch of grass and watching as the dew drops fell from the trees that surrounded them.

Taehyung scoffed at himself, he remembered that only Areum used to know the true thoughts in his mind and how he actually felt about any situation. And wasn't it safer that way. There was no one who could play around with his feelings. Taehyung wanted to build the crumbling walls again and be safe in the hard and cold persona. Atleast people won't be able to see his broke and hurt image.

Taehyung took out his phone and earphones that he lucky found in the car's glove box. Taehyung wiped it wet hand and put in the earphones and started a random song on his playlist and curse you man, it turned out to be a emotional one.

Little do you know...

Taehyung closed his eyes and let the memories flood in. Every kind of memories. Painful, hurtful, hard, cold, happy, warm. All of them.

He remembered the time when he was a little kid and would run around the house and make a mess. Break the eggs that were kept in the refrigerator or squeeze out all the toothpaste. Or break Baekhyun's robot and hide in his closet until he fell asleep in there and his family getting worried to death and Baekhyun sobbing that he would let Tae play with all his toys.

Then when he would bunk his classes with his friend and go out of the school and eat some street food and rush back before the school was over.

His slender body being pushed back in the locker and hateful words of the bully thrown towards him, as he curled down. His friend trying to stand for him but being beaten down as well. Then both of them limping at the roof top and crying in each others arms.

He also remembered that he and his friend used to write their insecurities and weaknesses on paper and made their paper planes and flew them from top of the rooftop of the school and tried to over come them from then on.

Then they parted, he went somewhere. Taehyung came somewhere. Sadly Taehyung doesn't even remembers his name or even his face. Just the faint memory of his laughter.

Now that the male was really wondering if the guy he never thought of, Taehyung really thought where his friend must be right now. That if he remembered Taehyung or their treasured memories.

Taehyung smiled at this and opened his eyes again, sitting up on the grass and singing slowly along the lyrics...

I love you like you never felt the pain..

Taehyung sighed one of time and got up, brushing his clothes and giving the place one last look before going away.

He still had a long way to go, and he didn't know if his feet would ever get tired.

If he would ever give up...

***

Jimin sobbed harder after Taehyung left through the door. He clutched hard on the blankets and sobbed into them. He heard the door open and looked up with tear filled eyes, hoping that Taehyung returned.

"Tae...?" Jimin whispered and blinked to clear his vision.
"He left" Seungjae replied with a pitiful expression on his face.

"Get out!" Jimin sobbed,"Just leave"

Seungjae scoffed and turned to leave and before he did, he turned one last time and said—
"Jimin, I don't care about you and you won't care if I leave. But I guess it's not the same case with Taehyung. Don't let him leave Jimin. He's already broken, what else do you want to do? Kill him?"

Jimin looked up and glared at the male with his teary eyes and Seungjae scoffed and left the room with a loud thud.

***

Taehyung sighed into the pillow and Areum looked ahead of her as she let the story Taehyung told her sink in.

"Are you sure about shutting down again Tae?" Areum asked with a tint of hesitation in her voice.

"Areum I don't want to be hurt anymore" Taehyung said and sat up to face the girl with a pout.

"He tired to end his life and then he won't tell me anything.." Taehyung's voice cracked,"Since the day I decided to open up, I've experienced nothing but hurt"

"But Taehyung it's not right" Areum insisted.
"It is" Taehyung said.
"Don't be stubborn Taehyung, just look at your mother for goodness sake" Areum hissed,"She had spent night crying for you"

"Areum I was hurt" Taehyung whispered.

"Hurt not dead Taehyung" Areum said,"Hurt is your ally,  it's tells you that you are badly injured but it also tells you that you are still alive and have a long way to go"

"Areum do you seriously think that molding a dialogue of Tokyo Ghoul would help?" Taehyung asked with a frown and Areum sighed and murmured,"I couldn't find anything else heroic to say"

Taehyung let out a chuckle and pinched the girl's cheeks and said,"You don't need to say something heroic to encourage me pabo, I'm encouraged enough to have you by my side"

Areum smiled softly and then suddenly broke crying, Taehyung wrapped his arms around her and kissed the crown of her head.

Areum sobbed hard in his shirt and managed to stutter out—
"T-tae I-I d-don't wan-want you t-to g-go b-back to yo-you old s-self"

Taehyung could hear his heart crack and he pulled away the girl wiped off her never ending tears.

"I won't" Taehyung whispered and kissed her forehead.
"Promise?" Areum asked.

"I promise" Taehyung said and the girl got hold of herself after sometime and both of them fell silent again.

"Oh shoot I forgot to tell you something" Taehyung said while smacking his forehead.

"What?" Areum asked.

"Baek has a fiancé!" Taehyung and Areum's jaws fell open.

"You are kidding!" She shrieked.

"I'm not" Taehyung giggled and Areum ran out of the room while shouting You fuckin bastard Baekhyun !

Taehyung chuckled and looked out of the window and his chuckled eased into a small smile.

"God give me strength..."