CHAPTER FORTY - final

Start from the beginning

"Taehyung we want to help you" Sungmin said softly as he got up, the father's head and heart aching from the amount of venom his son had for them.

"Then help me I'm dying!" Taehyung screamed and Areum and Jiwoo flinched.  The youngest of all fell on the floor and began sobbing with his hands clutching his hair.

"T—argh" Sungmin groaned and massaged his temples from the sudden pain in his head.

"Honey?" Youngae asked as she rushed to her husband's side.
"Dad?!" Baekhyun yelled and grabbed Sungmin before he could hit the floor.

Taehyung let go of his hair and looked up with blurred eyes at the sudden commotion.

"D-Dad?" He whimpered when he saw the limo body of his father in Baekhyun's arms.
"Dad!" Taehyung screamed and reached forward but Baekhyun glared at his brother and Taehyung flinched back.

"Areum get the car quick!" Baekhyun said and picked up his father and the said girl ran out and grabbed the car keys.

Taehyung watched as Youngae and Jiwoo followed. Jiwoo turned around at the latest moment to see Taehyung trying to get up, she wanted to reach out and help him but Youngae pushed the girl outside and the door shut close.

"Appa...." Taehyung breathed out,"I'm so sorry"

Taehyung dropped on the floor again and began sobbing hard. His screamed and cries the only thing being heard on the lonely mansion.

***

Jungkook felt a sudden pang of uneasiness in his chest and he licked his lips wet.

"Jk you okay?" Namjoon asked as he observed the nervous look of the boy.
"Yeah...just a lil nervous" Jungkook answered and rubbed his chest.

"Don't worry, it's just the nervousness before the performance" Seokjin said and gave the Maknae a pat on the back.

"Y-Yeah..." Jungkook whispered out and gulped the lump in his throat.

"Can I call Tae?" He asked and the boys looked at him with raised eyebrow.
"Sure go ahead" Yoongi said and Jungkook immediately fished out his phone and dialled the number of the boy.

"On stage in one minute" A staff member came and announced and the boys began walking out.

Jungkook bit his lip but the line didn't connect.

"The number you are trying to reach is not responding, taking the call to voice mail"

Jungkook cussed and put the phone back.

"What did he say?" Jimin asked and Jungkook shook his head.
"He didn't pick up" Jungkook said, heart thumping in his chest. And this time it wasn't from nervousness of the performance.

"We'll go and see him" Hoseok said gravely and the boys have a nod.

***

"Taehyung?" Namjoon called out as the enter into the mansion. The place was silent and Namjoon's voice reverberated back.

"Tae!" Jungkook called out but still no response.

"Where is his family?" Jimin asked as he began walking out in the living area and looked around, stopping short suddenly.

"Jungkook...." He breathed out and it caught attention of all the boys.
"Yes?" The boy responsed.

"I guess I know why he didn't pick up the call" Jimin breathed out and the boys came to Jimin's side and saw the scene before them and their breaths hitched in their throats.