Chapter 8//An Unexpected Avenue To Revenge

That Monday Hana was still plagued by Hoseok's words, by his rejection. They knocked around in her brain and caused her to be preoccupied. She was hurt by her friend and worried about him too. Throughout the week, besides her work, it was the only thing she could think about.
The source of preoccupation was worrying, but to Hana, the space it took in her mind was almost a relief.
In the past few months, the law firm she worked for had grown busier and busier. However, instead of feeling more useful and satisfied in her secretary position, she felt unhappy.
Day after day she took phone calls and filed documents. She smiled as she had brief conversations with the clients, secretly wishing it was her that would be facilitating their conferences and helping them deal with their issues.

The monotony was taxing, but what was more taxing was the feeling of helplessness.

Hana couldn't do anything for the people that visited the firm, and that made her sad.

Her worry for Hoseok at least took her mind off of the dissatisfactions she'd been feeling at work.

It was at least a break in the monotony.

   The preoccupation must have read on her face though, and it didn't go unnoticed.

   Halfway through the week her coworker, a young lawyer named Bong Ki, approached her as she poured a cup of coffee in the break room. Hana looked up and gave him a small smile. He cleared his throat.

   "Hello, Hana." He seemed nervous, and she wondered why. Once she had returned his greeting he asked how she was feeling, he rushed to explain himself when Hana looked confused. "I noticed that you've been drinking a lot more coffee than usual. You seem stressed." His expression conveyed slight worry, and Hana shifted her weight from one black high heel to another.

   "Well, I guess I have been a little stressed lately," Hana answered honestly and avoided looking at the suited young lawyer for a moment, embarrassed that her emotions were so evident.

   "Maybe a date this Friday would help you de-stress." Hana's head snapped back up in surprise and she watched as Bong Ki straightened his posture. He seemed more confident than usual, and his straightforwardness was surprising. Hana would have been uneasy under her normal rationale. However, she wasn't under her usual rationale, and so she considered her options.
Bong Ki had always been friendly and they got along well. He had been working at the firm for nearly two years and she'd grown to respect him and the work he did. He was nice, polite, and had a good sense of humor. She also couldn't deny that he was handsome, his tall, lean frame and nicely styled hair had caused many of her fellow female coworkers to giggle and whisper to one another as he passed by, Hana not excluded.

   "Yeah, I'd like that."

A/N:
Y'all are gonna wanna hold onto your wigs. Things are 'bouta get wIlD

Also here's some Bong Ki character inspiration

Please eat well and take care of yourselves!

(Edited July 2019)

*Novi*