[Turning You] On! Chapter 20

Start from the beginning

“I was talking to Terry,” The girl stated.

“Yea you can, I’ll see you later,” Terry said speaking before I could get another word out. The girl walked away before giving me a look. I sat down in my seat.

“Terry?”

“What?” He answered bored.

“Can we talk?”

“No,”

“Why not?”

“I don’t want to Brielle.” He said sternly. I sighed.

“We need to talk.”

“No we don’t.”

“I’m sorry.” He said nothing and continued eating on his food. At that moment Jace and Clary arrived at the table.

“Hey,” They said simultaneously.

“Hey,” I replied.

“What’s up,” Terry greeted.

“So…..” Jace began. Terry looked up at him and laughed, but I saw nothing funny.

“Brielle will you come to the bathroom with me?” Clary asked.

“Yea,” I replied rising from my seat. I followed her out the lunchroom.

“Brielle what happened? I tried to give you some time, but you and Terry are acting like…I don’t know, but it’s not normal. It’s worse than last time.”

“I fucked up,” I said.

“So it’s true.”

“I don’t know what to do Clary,” I said as the tears spilled.” He won’t talk to me and he’s moving on to other girls.” I sighed feeling defeated.

“Hey, everything’s going to be okay.” She said pulling me into a hug. “I’ll tell Jace to talk to him.”

“It won’t do any good. I know Terry and he’s so stubborn and strong-willed.”

“I’ll still tell Jace to talk to him.” She said. I pulled away from her and wiped my face.

“Why Brielle? I mean I thought you hated him.”

“It just happened. I feel so stupid. I went over to Ally’s because I was mad that Terry wasn’t talking to me and we were drinking and Josh came over and I feel so degraded. I shouldn’t have done it.” I told her. She wiped under my eyes.

“It’s ok. Get yourself together. Don’t let Terry see you down okay. Let him know you’re strong and don’t give up Brielle. Terry cares about you.” She pep talked.