Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Doctor POV

Something is wrong with Ayla. I have been monitoring her emotions but I feel something invading her mind. It must be related to the Ood.

I'm erecting walls around her mind to protect her from whatever it is that is invading her mind.

'NO ONE WILL NOTICE LITTLE GIRL. OPEN YOUR MIND TO ME, LET ME IN THROUGH THOSE DOORS' it tells her.

It wants to take over her mind. She mustn't let it in. If she allows it, she can let it enter her mind. I feel her fear at its words.

'I will notice!' I tell both Ayla and the entity. It takes a lot of energy to keep it out of her head. I'm almost at Habitation 3.

'Ayla, don't allow it access into your mind. Fight it. Don't listen to it. I've placed barriers around your mind to protect you. Only the two of us together can keep it out. If for some reason you allow it into your mind then the barriers will fail. I am with you, we can fight it together' I tell her. I can tell she is listening to me, but she has yet to respond. She is fighting it.

All of a sudden I feel the entity leave.

"Everyone, evacuate eleven to thirteen. We've got a breach. The base is open. Repeat, the base is open!" Zach says over the comms. Rose, Danny and I arrived in Habitation 3.

"I can't contain the oxygen field. We're going to lose it" says Zach.

I go to Ayla who is sitting with her head between her knees shaking slightly. "Are you okay?" I ask her already bent down, taking her in my arms. "It won't happen again. I won't let it" I declare to her, not only trying to reassure her, but also myself. 'This is why I need the stasis chamber ready'.

After the breach was sealed I asked, "That wasn't a quake. What caused it?"

"We've lost sections eleven to thirteen Everyone all right?" we hear over the comms.

Scootie is missing. I left Ayla there in Habitation 3. She is still shaken up but has calmed down now. They have picked up her biochip which is in Habitation 3, but she was not there. 'Maybe she took another path to get there'.

"What happened?" I ask Toby.

"I don't. I don't know. I was working and then I can't remember. All that noise. The room was falling apart. There was no air".

"There's no sign of her. The biochip says she's in the area. Have any of you seen Scootie?" Jefferson asks.

"No, no, no, I don't think so" replies Toby.

The conversation continues, I am listening to them, but also focusing on Ayla, going through our mind link.

"Yeah, well, that's where I am, and I'm telling you she's not here" I hear from someone, Jefferson I think his name is.

I look up at black hole. I see Scooty floating through space, drifting towards the black hole.

"I've found her"

"Oh, my God"

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" I tell them. This is horrific.

The base goes quiet after the mourning speeches.

"What was that? What was it?" asks Rose.

"The drill" I reply.

"We've stopped drilling. We've made it. Point Zero" Ida says.

Time Skip

Ayla POV

I was so scared when that thing spoke to me and tried to take over my mind. The Doctor has been speaking to me telepathically, trying to reassure me, calming me down. It really does feel evil, and now the Doctor has gone down to the pit.

The Doctor asked Rose to look after me until he comes back. She refuses to let go of the comm.

"It's all right. We've made it. Getting out of the capsule now" says the Doctor.

"What's it like down there?" Rose asks.

"It's hard to tell. Some sort of cave. Cavern. It's massive" He says.

"That's, that's. My God, that's beautiful" I hear Ida say.

"Rose, you can tell Toby we've found his civilisation" He says. I stiffen, I forgot about him. 'This is not going to be good'.

"Oi, Toby. Sounds like you've got plenty of work"

"Good, good. Good" He says like a creep.

Time Skip

The Ood acted weirder than usual, and shit is about to hit the fan.

"Toby, they need to know that lettering. Does it make any sort of sense?" asks Rose.

"I know what it says" he replies.

"Then tell them" says Rose.

"When did you work that out?" asks Jefferson.

"It doesn't matter, just tell them" Rose demands.

Toby's whole body is covered in symbols and letters, his eyes red like they were in the show. He was in my dreams, I remember now.

"These are the words of the Beast. And he has woken. He is the heart that beats in the darkness. He is the blood that will never cease. And now he will rise"

"What is it? What's he done? What's happening? Rose, what's going on?" asks The Doctor frantically. 'Ayla, what is happening? I can feel your fear. What is going on?!' he asks panicky telepathically. 'He is the devil' I reply.

"He's come out in those symbols all over his face. They're all over him" replies Rose to the Doctor.

"Mister Jefferson. Tell me, sir. Did your wife ever forgive you? "says the Beastly Toby.

"I don't know what you mean" says Jefferson.

"Let me tell you a secret. She never did" The Toby beast says.

"Officer, you stand down and be confined" says Jefferson.

"Or what?" The possessed Toby asks.

"Or under the strictures of Condition Red, I am authorised to shoot you" Jefferson replies.

"But how many can you kill?" asks the Beast as he spreads to the Ood and possesses them. 'This is what would've happened to me had the Doctor not intervened. I know that thing is still in Toby.

"We are the Legion of the Beast" We all hear from the Ood.

The Doctor asks frantic, " Rose? What is it, Rose? Ayla? I'm going back up"

After everyone panics, me included, we hear the Ood say,

"He has woven himself in the fabric of your life since the dawn of time. Some may call him Abaddon. Some may call him Kroptor. Some may call him Satan or Lucifer"

"Or the Bringer of Despair, the Deathless Prince, the Bringer of Night. These are the words that shall set him free".

One of the Ood killed someone with their communication's device. We run from them.

That trapdoor the Doctor and Ida found is opening, we can all hear,

"The Pit is open. And I am free. Mwahahahahaha"

-------------------------------------------

A/N: There we go, another chapter, finally! I've been working on it on and off the whole week. I wish I could just emulate that evil laughter. But I can't, so you have to use your imagination there (and the show of course).