Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Doctor POV

"Her face is completely gone" I say, using my sonic screwdriver to scan her.

"Scarcely an electrical impulse left. Almost complete neural shutdown. She's ticking over. It's like her brain has been wiped clean" I say worried. I can feel how scared Ayla is. 'She doesn't feel surprised, she expected this. I need to talk to her soon. We can't have what happened with the werewolf happen here again'.

"What're we going to do, Doctor? We can't even feed her"

.
I can hear a door being broken down, and footsteps rushing up the stairs.

"We've got company" Rose sates.

"It's them. They've come for her!" Rita exclaims.

"Quickly. What was she doing before this happened? Where was she? Tell me. Quickly, think!"
"I can't think! She doesn't leave the house! She was just..." Tommy was about to tell us what she was doing when these men in black suits bursts through the door.

"Hold on a minute. There are three important, brilliant, and complicated reasons why you should listen to me. One..." I try to say when I was punched in the face. Ayla gasps and yells my name

"Doctor!"

I hear a lot of yelling, the grandmother is taken by the men in black.

I sit up quickly nearly hitting Rose's head with mine. "Ah, hell of a right hook. Have to watch out for that" I say to them.

Ayla POV]

Rose and I stop at the living room door and see this red energy coming from the television.

We hear "But Dad, they took her!" from Tommy.

"Don't fight it, son. Don't fight it".

I see the Doctor chasing after the men, while Rose and I investigate the TV set.

We are heading towards Magpie's shop.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Miss. I'm afraid you're too late. I was just about to lock the door" Magpie says.

"Yeah? Well, I want to buy a telly" Rose says.

"Come back tomorrow, please" he says, voice full of worry.

"You'll be closed, won't you?" She asks.

"What?"

"For the big day? The coronation" She says.

'I'm going to let her do her thing. I don't want the wire to take her face, nor my own. I honestly don't know what to do. It scares me. I think I should take Rose and run as fast as I can to get us away from them. I'll tell the Doctor and he can still stop the Wire. I'll tell him the things I know for this adventure'.

"Yes, yes, of course. The big day. I'm sure you'll find somewhere to watch it. Please go" Magpie just about begs.

"Seems to me half of London's got a television, since you're practically giving them away"

"I have my reasons" He replies.

"And what are they?"

I see The Wire's face on the screen. 'I really hate this'.

"Hungry! Hungry!"

"What's that?" Rose asks, I grab her hand, ready to bolt when necessary.

"It's just a television. One of these modern programmes. Now, I really do think you should leave. Right now!" Magpie says panicked.