He cursed the Midnight Breeze from bringing those golem totting cultist into town. That left him without his prized car which forced him to use public transport on his first day to work. He hummed softly, ignoring the looks he got as he entered the train. Being heavily armed was not uncommon in the city. Flaunting it as he did was either a message don't mess with me or opposite, come here for a fight. He hoped people would see it as the first and not the second.

This metal snakes that slithers underground are fast, Ezezu proclaimed after five minutes of silence. Todor stifled a chuckle. Yeah very, useful form of transpiration, he agreed as he smiled at the little boy who was staring at his sword and dagger. The boy gave him a toothy grin in return.

The train stopped at the station that was two minutes away from the Governor's building in the very center of the city. Governer Holanador Muffonrox Belleroha Bloodbeak managed to somehow provide fertile ground for a modern metropolis to flourish while having the minimal police force. She accomplished that by pitting bigger gangs against each other in a sort of cold war. The order was maintained by gang soldiers in their own territory. Every one of which had their own code of honor or law. It worked somehow but if Midnight Breeze plans to overtake the city he must have planned something. He either has an army of bloodsuckers or he has something other in mind, Todor wondered idly as he walked towards the huge skyscraper that was Holandors headquarters.

He was summarily ejected from his train of thought when Ezezu mentally gasped in his mind. What kind of magic makes it pierce the clouds? She said in wonder. What are you talking about? Todor retorted grumpily, trying to relax his nerves. I thought something dangerous is coming at us. Ezezu sent a wave of sheepish embarrassment before speaking again. This building is so huge! I never saw such a thing.

Todor stopped in front of the Holandors headquarters and laughed out loud. Few pedestrians spared him a glance but quickly moved on when they saw his swords and a railgun on his back. Thank you for that, Todor said to Ezezu in his mind. For what? I was just being stupid, gawking at the sights of the city, Ezezu responded grumpily. It calmed my nerves, Todor retorted as he walked towards the entrance. Oh, sure. Laugh at the little ghost girl from the dawn of time, she said more warmly.

The Anadori guards at the door stood in his way, looking at him suspiciously.

"Do you have an appointment?" One of them asked taking out a tablet and swiping across the screen.

"I do," Todor replied simply, swallowing the sarcastic retort he had in mind.

"Name?" He asked in a tone that said he was sure he will not find it.

"Todor Corpus. Your new boss," Todor retorted in a deadpan voice.

"Tod ..." Guard recoiled looking at him, then at his weapons. The man tilted his head nervously before he took a phone out. He spoke quickly for a minute before returning his attention to Todor. "You can come in sir. Sorry for the delay. It's just protocol. The last floor, Governor is expecting you."

Todor strolled into the elevator and pressed the button for the last floor. Why are we in the broom closet? Ezezu asked curiously. The elevator hummed and it started rising. You'll see, Todor said to her cryptically. The doors opened and two women and one man entered. Ezezu gasped in understanding. This box is climbing the tower! She exclaimed in his mind, making it hard for Todor to keep his face straight.

The elevator dinged at the last floor and Todor strolled out. His mage sense quested outwardly from him, checking for dangers and anything unexpected. While his coats radar sent him data to his glasses providing with information he couldn't have otherwise. All and all, he felt confided that nothing can surprise him when he was on alert. Even so he still felt a slight unease when he walked to the counter.